View Poll Results: What is your favourite story from Series 3?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Runaway Bride

0 0%
  • Smith and Jones

0 0%
  • The Shakespeare Code

0 0%
  • Gridlock

1 6.25%
  • Daleks in Manhatten/ Evolution of the Daleks

0 0%
  • The Lazarus Experiment

0 0%

0 0%
  • Human Nature/ Family of Blood

9 56.25%
  • Blink

2 12.50%
  • Utopia

4 25.00%
  • The Sound of Drums/ Last of the Time Lords

0 0%
  • The Ultimate Quest

0 0%

Default Ultimate Doctor Who: Series 3

And so Billie Piper leaves the show to be replaced at christmas by Catherine Tate as Donna Nob;e and then for the season proper by Freema Aygeman as Martha Jones.

The Doctor takes Martha on a trip through time and space where she meets Judoon on the Moon, Shakespeare, Macra, Daleks, Professor Lazarus and the Master. There are encounters with Captain Jack, the Weeping Angels and is if that wasn't enough she also has to deal with a human Doctor.

But which is your favourite?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

As soon as the poll is up* I'll let you know which Human Nature I'm voting for.

*Ooh matron!

Season 3 remains my favourite of the 21st Century runs so far, there's not one in this bunch that I wouldn't gladly watch - yes, even the Dalek two-parter which I watched not that long ago. There's the 'love it or hate it' two-part finale, there's the unexpectedly moving Gridlock, the 'off with a bang' season opener, the extraordinary Human Nature...

but I'm going for Utopia. It's arguable as to whether we've actually got a three-part finale, but I'm happy to plump for this one as a standaloner (if that's a word). Everybody is in such fine form, having Jack back in the mix makes for an interesting change, Professor Yana is a delight, and the last ten minutes or so are just amazing.

Bit of a coin toss between Human Nature/ Family of Blood, and Blink for me..... Unless I really do literally toss a coin, I'll have to think about this one......

EDIT:

I did, and it was 'Heads', so it's Human Nature / Family of Blood.

Much better season than the last one. A hell of a lot to choose from. But... I voted Utopia.
    Brilliant guest performance. For most of it, he's a valuable ally to the Doctor. But the minute he looks at his Fob watch...

I see somebody has voted for Blink. Come on, Si, own up - was it you?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    I see somebody has voted for Blink. Come on, Si, own up - was it you?
    Blink was brilliant as well! I didn't vote for it as I don't like the idea it's the second best Doctor Who story according to new and improved polling... when the Doctor's hardly in it!
    But Blink was pretty sweaty and intense the first time I saw it. That'll teach me to shower in the afternoon!

I really wanted to vote for Gridlock, or The Shakespeare Code, or Human Nature, or Smith and Jones or the Runaway Bride. They're all fabulous stories.

But it's Utopia really. And it's only Utopia because of Derek Jacobi. Sometimes Doctor Who wastes its guest stars (Annette Crosbie!) but if you have Derek Jacobi and give him a character and let him fill the screen, he is magnificent. John Hurt did a similar job recently!

We've very nearly had the full cast of Emperors from I Claudius in Doctor Who. There's still time for Christopher Biggins, isn't there?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Blink very nearly got my vote, as did Utopia.

There are a few excellent stories this season, although I think it's quite a patchy season overall with the Dalek story and the finale being disappointing. There was very little seperating Human Nature, Blink and Utopia though, but for no particular reason I went for Human Nature here...

Human Nature. Or anything other than Blink...

Utopia for me too! Derek Jacobi's performance turned from sympathetic to down right chilling within a matter of seconds - unforgettable!

It seems that it's only me and Derek himself who think it was a shame that he wasn't kept on though. Heigh-ho...

Perhaps the most consistent series up to that point, but it was 'Human Nature/Family of Blood' which really stood out.