View Poll Results: What is your favourite story from Series 7?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Doctor, The Widow and the Wardrobe

0 0%
  • Asylum of the Daleks

0 0%
  • Dinosaurs on a Spaceship

1 9.09%
  • A Town Called Mercy

1 9.09%
  • The Power of Three

0 0%
  • The Angels Take Manhatten

0 0%
  • The Snowmen

0 0%
  • The Bells of St John

0 0%
  • The Rings of Akhaten

0 0%
  • Cold War

0 0%
  • Hide

0 0%
  • The Crimson Horror

0 0%
  • Nightmare in Silver

0 0%
  • The Name of the Doctor

1 9.09%
  • The Day of the Doctor

8 72.73%
  • Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS

0 0%

Default Ultimate Doctor Who: Series 7

Well, one last go then.

The Doctor, Amy and Rory were reunited, then Amy and Rory left just after the Doctor first heard of Clara Oswald and set about meeting her again, and again and indeed again. The season takes in Daleks, Cybermen, Weeping Angels and season 5 favourites The Great Intelligence and The Ice Warriors.

But which was your favourite?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

It has to be Day Of The Doctor for me. For one thing (apart from the obvious fact that it's the anniversary episode), it's the only story which hasn't really felt rushed and hurried, which really harmed many of the episodes this season. There were a number of decent episodes trying to get out, and I feel that I would have enjoyed this season much more if the stories had simply been given room to breathe. It often felt as if they had plots with too much detail to easily fit into the episode lengths, and it was a case of ticking the boxes when covering plot points rather than giving the characters and situations room to grow naturally and create an atmosphere. If these stories had expanded versions, I think I'd have enjoyed the season much more than I did.

DOTD bucks this trend though, giving us a decent, thought-out plot and characterisation, without feeling rushed.

I don't know if you can edit polls but you've missed out Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS.

Well spotted! It's added.

Season 7 was a real mixed bag for me - the two Christmas specials were both good fun, and the five episodes shown in 2012 were all pretty good... but of this year's run of normal episodes, only The Crimson Horror really entertained me. The rest were very weak IMHO, other than The Name of the Doctor which was extraordinary on first viewing, but maybe doesn't really have much of a plot...?

But, since it's included in this poll, like Mac I'm going for The Day of the Doctor, which for me at least hit all the right buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Well spotted! It's added.
    But they're in the wrong order now. You'll simply have to start again.

I'm not typing all those bloody episode titles in again!

If you'd have left out The Day of The Doctor this would have been as tough as hell! I recently re-watched the first half of Season 7, plus Nightmare in Silver and The Name of The Doctor. They were pretty much all found wanting, only Dinosaurs On A Spaceship was an overall success.

Away from the hype Asylum of The Daleks was OK, but it still annoys the hell out of me that we were promised every Dalek ever and got... the Time War Daleks. A Town Called Mercy was typical of the season in that it was one draft away from being brilliant; a superbly polished production, but there was too much stinky awfulness in the script. Even then, there were good ideas!

As for Angels Take Manhattan - Moffat really wanted us to care about Amy and Rory leaving. So did Karen and Arthur, so did Matt and certainly Murray Gold did as well. Heck, even I wanted to care about Amy and Rory leaving.

But I didn't.

I might re-watch the rest of the season at some point, but I'll have to brace myself.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

The Day Of The Daleks just beats Cold War.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    The Day Of The Daleks just beats Cold War.
    Cold War must've been bloody good then!

Shouldn't this be two separate polls? *hides*

I've gone for Day, closely followed by Name. It wasn't a bad season y'know!

I voted for Name but I missed Day and that should've got my vote!

Series 7 was a vast step up from series 6 for me. I also adored Hide, Angels and Asylum and The Snowmen was the best Christmas episode in an age.

Aww man... guess who didn't subconsciously accept The Day Of The Doctor as part of Series 7!!

Of course it's The Day Of The Doctor but even if you took that out of the poll, I'd still go for Dinosaurs!

I can at least take solace than everyone has finally accepted what I have said all along about the greatness of The Doctor, The Widow And The Wardrobe with zero deserved marks at time of posting.

Of course it has to be Day of the Doctor, but there are other worthy stories in this list but they just can't compete.