View Poll Results: Which of the Seventh Doctor Companions Is Your Favourite?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Melanie Bush

0 0%
  • Ace (Dorothy McShane Gail or something)

7 53.85%
  • Bernice Summerfield (Book/Audio)

4 30.77%
  • Chris Cwej (Book)

0 0%
  • Roz Forrester (Book)

1 7.69%
  • Jason Kane (Book/Audio)

0 0%
  • Hex (Audio)

1 7.69%
  • Elizabeth Klein (Audio)

0 0%
  • Will Arrowsmith (Audio)

0 0%
  • Olla, The Heat Vampire (Comic Strip)

0 0%

Default Companions Poll: The Seventh Doctor

Honestly, would you travel around time and space with a man wearing THAT jumper??

Who are your favourite companions of the Seventh Doctor, the Doctor who sort of lasted longer than any other? There's Ace and Don'tworryMelI'llGrowOnYou, but then there's a myriad of other companions in other formats, such as Mister Hex, Roz Forrester and the marvellous Bernice 'Benny' 'Surprise' Summerfield.

Who do you like best?

Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Interesting - I actually think Bonnie works really well on TV in season 24, alongside Sylvester, so I was tempted to vote Mel. But Bernice is such a joy in her NA adventures alongside the Doctor, I probably ought to vote for her.

But, from memories that are admittedly now about 10 years old (maybe more in fact!) I recall the relationship between Roz and the Doctor being very intriguing - with a darker Doctor who is occasionally in danger of justifying the means by the ends, or at least is more pragmatic than idealistic, the experienced, older Roz, maybe a little world-weary but ultimately on the side of good, is a sort of 'soulmate'. There's not much of a comforting "there there, it'll all be fine" attitude of the Doctor towards Roz, but there's a sort of respect, even an equality in their practical attitudes.

Of course, it was a long time ago, and I may be talking out of my 'too wide & too deep for TV' but anyway, I'm voting Roz.

I went for Benny Summerfield, even if her shops seem to have disappeared.

I voted Benny too. If it had been tv companions only, I'd have voted Ace.
    There's no room for Mel in my world.

I voted for Ace, though my finger did hover over Mr Hex for a minute!

She was my firstest companion, so I had to really. I think the New Adventures and Big Finish have taken the sheen off a bit because her character was nearly at the end of a perfect story arc on TV - she'd grown up. So constantly taking her back to being a teenager doesn't make much sense.

If it were up to me, I'd make her the companion who spent her whole adult life with the Doctor and see where that led.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Ace, 'cos she's Ace!

Benny for me...she was just such a likeable character. Ace was the best of the tv companions, but given the competition that's maybe not saying much! However, I've got to say that Bonnie Langford surprised me with her performance in Big Finish's The Fires Of Vulcan audio, which was pretty good.

But it's Benny by a long shot

Despite everything they did to the character in the books and on audio, I'm going for Ace, simply because Sophie was so good on TV back in the day and at the time seemed such a breath of fresh air. She was immensely popular with everyone at school (even those who claimed they never watched the show, but somehow knew it inside out!). ACE!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.