Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Benik

2 28.57%
  • Nyder

5 71.43%

Thread: Benik Vs Nyder

Default Benik Vs Nyder

Well, who can't be impressed with Nyder's service to Davros and his commitment to the cause?
    But then, who can't be impressed with Benik's fey appearance which disguises his cruel, ranting personality.

So... I like Nyder. But I also like Benik. But which is best?

There's only one way to find out! POLL! (And posts)

How gloriously random Of the two, I think it's got to be Nyder - the marvellous Milton Johns makes Benik (like indeed most of his characters) tremendously slimy & unpleasant, the bully boy given the opportunity to bully on a grand scale. Whereas Nyder is just totally committed to his cause, even if that cause is totally insane.

Plus also, Benik's Christmas Quiz was absolute rubbish, so I'm definitely voting Nyder!!

But who is responsible for the greatest evil? Nyder was an excellent intelligence agent who was totally devoted to his cause, unlike Benik who was a coward and sided with whoever was winning. Nyder showed utmost loyalty to Davros, even when he threatened to wipe out the whole of the Kaled people.

Benik was a sadist, who clearly relished punishment and torture. Whereas for Nyder, torture was merely a tool. There's no implication that he enjoyed it (or that he enjoyed anything at all!)

So in some ways, Benik is far, far worse.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

So in some ways, Benik is far, far worse
    But the question is, "which is best?" so surely that must be a vote for Nyder!

But was the question 'Who is the Best... at being EVIL?' or 'Who is the Best... person overall?'
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Aaah, you're destroying my mind!!!!!!!!!!

(It doesn't take much, to be fair.)

I can't vote for myself so I'll have to abstain.

I've voted for Nyder for the reasons given by both Andrew & Steve.

Yes I know, I'm just weird like that.

That said, his downfall seemed a bit out of the blue. And at least if the story gets made into a musical, he could do a big song and dance "Fa-REE-Ah! I just shot a girl called Fa-REE-Ah!"
    (Even though technically he never shot her)

But equally, surely (a) 'Genesis' is a better sounding name for a musical than, erm, 'Enemy'; and (b) Nyder's "Midnight/The order specifies Midnight" would be a show-stopper.

I swear this thread is missing something.

Or perhaps someone ;-)
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

I'm afraid I've just not seen enough Benik action (yet) to properly judge him, although his plate destruction is just wicked. However, Nyder is evil, sly, scheming, cowardly and in fact has no redeeming features at all and so far as I understand this poll, that's why I think Nyder is the 'best'. And that is precisely what you needed to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip J Ludlam View Post
    I swear this thread is missing something.

Or perhaps someone ;-)
    Andrew Lloyd Webber perhaps...? (May his trousers fall down as he bows to the Queen and the crown!)

If I needed another Lad, and no smutty remarks at the back please!, it would have to be Nyder. "Thank you - that's what I wanted to know." And he comes with his own cosh!

Nyder might well be dismissive of the whole poll "Your views are not important." He knows he's a bad, bad man. And he just doesn't care!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.