Default "Past the point? I'm only 80!" Happy Birthday Tom!

A very Happy 80th Birthday to Tom Baker!

Still as mad as an enormous cardboard recepticle of hopping amphibian reptiles, and no doubt growing old disgracefully!

It's wonderful he's still with us!

My nephew was born this morning- must let my brother who he shares his birthday with!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Cox View Post
    Still as mad as an enormous cardboard recepticle of hopping amphibian reptiles, and no doubt growing old disgracefully!
    This isn't the Robert Mugabe thread, is it...?

"Aaaahh! Tom Baker? My wife said I used to be him, back when I was famous. I remember being Patrick Troughton for about a fortnight, that would have been the height of my career then. Tell you what, give me a fiver and I'll be loopy, is that all right?" (Big grin)

And may he stay like that!

A one-off, a true legend, an institution even, and wasn't it fabulous that he, the elder statesman of Doctors and perhaps the greatest of them all, appeared in the anniversary episode? Happy birthday, Tom - it's about time you had a knighthood!

I've been rewatching the Tom Baker years over the past couple of days (I've got as far as Talons so far) - I've not watched it in years, as I didn't have the video; but when I did have it, it was regularly in the VCR. So some of it is familiar, some of it I'd kind of forgotten but is glorious to recollect - "Sheila, Sheila, Sheila... Sheila something" (Cynthia Greville) made me laugh a lot. Extraordinary to think it's 22 years old.

Still gives me goosebumps to think about his unexpected appearance at the end of the anniversary special, perfect but so unexpected!

Happy birthday Tom - I hope he knows already how much he means to so many of us. He really is adored!!!

I went to a signing he did to promote The Stuff Of Nightmares at HMV Oxford Street, and he certainly made a point of shaking me by the hand and making sure he spelt my name correctly, so I think maybe he does.

I met him at memorabilia at the NEC, I got him talking so much he signed my R.C K9 box twice.

I hope you had a great birthday Tom & many more to come.