Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yay the British spirit :-)

We go onwards whatever may come!
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    I'll be taking part in this grand London Tradition tomorrow. Do I need to bring anything, like a fork or a sleeping bag? I'm planning to cycle from Waterloo to Bond Street again... we'll see if I survive.
    Welcome home Steve...

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    Closing all the ticket offices will take a year and will not start until early 2015 once contactless payment has been introduced across the tube network. As 90% of my work stems from the ticket offices, it will eventually have a knock on effect on my job and I may well find myself being cut in 2016.
    I predicted my own future. We are to have an organisational review in October. This will mean a dramatic cut in staff numbers taking affect next April.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Hmm - bad news Duncan. Time to brush up your CV perhaps? Though it's a real bummer leaving a job you enjoy, or can even tolerate.

Shutting ticket offices seems mean and disrespectful to passengers, never mind loyal staff who have worked there for years.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Sorry to hear that, Duncan. I've been through all that in the past, and it's a stressful and worrying time. We'll be keeping our fingers crossed that things work out well for you.

Hopefully it wont get as far as me leaving. There may be another job within TFL I am suitable for. Even if I was one of the unlucky ones, I'd be entitled to a very attractive golden handshake after 20 years service.

I'm 50 next month and would be looking at moving on to early retirement in about 10 years, so I wouldn't be overly upset if the worst happens. Anyway, announcements are not due until October and our team may very well be left alone as they were cut back drastically, three years ago.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

I'm assuming the ticket office at Loughton is closed since they've put bus timetables over where the windows were... *sigh*

I think they are all shut now