Hybrid View

Default DVD's - How Many?

So here is a question!

I am looking at buying some shelving to sort out my Dr Who DVD Collection. My aim is to have every old series DVD in my collection..... So, lets say I took all the box set DVD's out of their packaging and just put the actual DVD onto the shelf. Does anyone have any idea roughly how many DVD's there would be? As you can tell I have not purchased all the DVD's yet but am building up to it pretty quickly! I am going shopping at Ikea tomorrow!

PS clearly I need to factor in at least 10 extra shelves for all the missing episodes soon to be released!

Dave

Meep - that's a tough one. Do you have any duplicates (i.e. Resurrection of The Daleks etc)?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Hey Steve, there may be a couple of duplicates..... But to be honest I am not looking for a 100% precise number. I am just going to buy some shelving to host my Dr Who collection and am trying to work out roughly how many DVD's there are in the old series collection so I can work out what size I need to buy...

Counting Lost In Time as the equivalent of 2 DVD cases, though its width is probably slightly less, and going up to The Moonbase, the most recently released, I think it's currently 141 DVDs.

Thanks a lot! How many stories are yet to be released?

Quote Originally Posted by davethesailor View Post
    Thanks a lot! How many stories are yet to be released?
    Web of Fear is out on Monday, and at some point The Underwater Menace is coming out (though as yet no firm release date, fuelling much speculation as to what the disc will actually include). Of the currently known to exist material, only those two are left to come out.

Thanks Jason!!