Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Nyder View Post
    Hey well done Perry Vale on completing the marathon. I'm seriously lagging behind now.
    Well until a couple of weeks ago I was unemployed, so had plenty of time to kill. In fact it became my 'little treat' of each day, to counter the gloom of being jobless. It would have taken me much longer otherwise.

Glad you enjoyed it - looking forward to reaching the finishing post soon(ish)! Especially the weird last episode!
    Thanks. I'm sure the fact I kept seeing this thread in the TV Forum contributed to me taking the plunge on it. I'll be interested to hear what you think of the last one.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

The Next Victim by BC

American star of the week Carroll Baker (who?) plays a lady in a wheelchair living in a London block of flats with some wacky wallpaper next to the lifts, sorry, elevators.

There's a serial strangler on the loose. Has she inadvertently let him in??

BC throws in some red herrings (as you'd expect!) as to who the culprit is. The ending was a bit "blink and you'll miss it" and oddly not very satisfying. But the biggest mystery of all was Harold Bennett (Young Mr Grace) being credited as "The Blind Man". Excuse the dreadful pun, but I couldn't see him! Maybe he's still on the cutting room floor....

6/10

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nightmare for a Nightingale by BC

Stephen Greif plays a drunken Italian Bum who sadly doesn't make it past the opening credits! Peter Hill (Crossroads' Arthur Brownlow) makes his second Thriller appearance. The story involves an opera singer who is convinced she's killed her husband (who she thought died 10 years ago anyway!) And then the body goes missing.....

And that's the crux of this story - is hubby dead again, alive or a ghost?? Good tense episode!

8/10

Dial A Deadly Number by BC

Hmmm that title is awfully familiar ....

Hooray for me - I sussed out the killer early on. Maybe it's because I've watched so many of these Thrillers now I'm starting to think like Mr Clemens

It's a cracking premise - someone dials a wrong number and gets through to a down-on-his luck actor (that eternal smoothie Gary Collins) who decides to take advantage of a woman in distress with horrifying results. Quite a disturbing episode with more than the usual smattering of blood and slashing! But thankfully there's a psychiatrist on hand at the end to explain everyone's behaviour. Phew!

8/10 - a bit slow (now there's a surprise!) but still hooks you in.

Kill Two Birds by BC

Well this was a star-studded episode; David Dacre, Dudley Sutton, Bob Hoskins, Gabrielle Drake and me ol' Bridge chum Susan Hampshire Pity it was such an interminably DULL story. Possibly the most boring of the whole run IMHO. I just didn't really care what happened to the characters or the plot development. Some of the scenes in the cafe involving Bob Hoskins were okay, but apart from that it was pretty tepid stuff.

3/10 Skip this one - unless you want to hear Ms Hampshire and Ms Drake trying American accents!

Default Life through a Fish Eye Lens - The Thriller Thread

Nearly there ......

Midsummer Nightmare by BC

The penultimate story stars Brian Blessed (in quite a restrained mood!), Tony Anholt and the wonderful Freddie Jones who plays a creepy Uncle determined to find fresh evidence to nail his niece's killer. All the "locals" know who the killer is, but the evidence isn't there.

A nice story with twists and turns along the way and enough interest to keep you guessing who the real killer is (which I did!)

Some of the incidental music was very "New Avengers" with some funky bass guitar work. Directed by Don Leaver too.

8/10

I hope the last story is an absolute classic

So after slightly over a year since I saw the first one ...... it's the end!

Death in Deep Water by The one and only Brian Clemens

An American (of course!) fugitive is on the run and has found a remote island hideaway. But then a mysterious bikini-clad woman knocks on his door. They meet, drink, share bath "robes" and fall in love. But will he carry out Blondie's deadly request so that they can be together forever??

Well thank goodness the series ended on a high. You knew this woman was dangerous and scheming from the start, but just how scheming is shown right at the end. And even at the end there's a twist on the twist! No recognisable actors in this one - which is a shame, as star-spotting was a favourite pastime whilst watching these episodes.

8.5/10

Farewell Thriller. You did us proud

Glad you liked the last one, I found it a little pointless with the ending they gave it. Maybe I was Thriller-ed out by then...
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

The set is back down to the amazingly bargainous price of £18 in Network's latest 40% off sale. Go on, buy it!

Wow that's a steal!