Default BBC Website amusingly hacked!

Someone, it seems, has a grudge against Dianne Oxberry, the presenter of BBC North West's weather forecasts... so much so they've hacked her profile on the BBC website.

Dianne Oxberry, yesterday.

It currently reads:

Dianne Oxberry
    Dianne used to be young and interesting. In a former life she worked at Radio One as an afternoon girl with Steve Wright in the Afternoon

Success immediately went to her head and with all the loyalty of a cuckoo she leapt upon the next passing man who expressed an interest - and upped and left to work with Simon Mayo on the Radio One Breakfast Show.

A Silver Sony Award, a weekly audience of 11 million and losing George Michael in a series of underground corridors are her strongest memories of that time.

As someone who clearly needs more than her fair share of beauty sleep, four years of early starts were more than enough so she turned her attention to weather presentation on television and studied at the Met Office College.

Dianne admits this was the hardest period of her life harder even than realising that she would never be Elton Johns wife.

Having developed a taste for riding the coat tails of successful men, she then turned her attention to Gordon Burns on BBC North West Tonight where she has proved difficult to dislodge for close to a decade.

Their on screen relationship thrives on Gordons insistence that Dianne constantly gets the forecast wrong and Diannes insistence that its not an exact science so it isn't really her problem.

Aware that Gordon will one day develop enough strength shake her off, Dianne has a back up plan as she also co-presents a daily show with Eamonn ONeal on BBC Radio Manchester cunningly titled Eamonn and Dianne.

The show is officially (currently a matter for the lawyers) by Royal Appointment as guests have include the Duchess of York, though no-one must ever again mention Marti Pellow.

Away from work Dianne, like a spoilt 12-year-old, has three horses. Her mother hoped she would grow out of it but she shows no sign of doing any such thing. Her motto is: If you have nothing nice to say about someone come and sit next to me.

See it here

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

Dianne Oxberry is legendary round these parts, as far as weather presenters go.

Gordon Burns is a local hero.

OUCH! I wonder who's done that? A bitter ex-boyfriend perhaps?

Nice! I remember Gordon Burns from the Krypton factor.

Pip Madeley Guest

He's still a sex symbol for the older ladies.

He's been the face of our local lunchtime/evening news for ten years now. Another relatively famous presenter, Andy Crane, he of the CBBC broom cupboard, presents the news on Channel M (Manchester's very own TV channel).

Gordon Burns is a legend! It's a shame he's no longer on national television.

I always remember 'Oxers' from when I'd just started college back in 1991, and I used to wake up to the Simon Mayo breakfast show (I remember always trying to solve his mystery pop song quiz, in which the prizes were record tokens - ha!).

I always thought Dianne Oxberry was a bit of a looker. I wonder, though, if there's any truth in what was written on her profile....?

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    He's been the face of our local lunchtime/evening news for ten years now.
    He's no Stuart Hall, though.

God, that dates me...

Pip Madeley Guest

"I wish you, as always, a fond farewell."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Tancredi View Post

God, that dates me...

You dated Stuart Hall?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Tancredi View Post

God, that dates me...

Ah Stuart Hall, his manic laugh and It's A Knockout fond memories from my childhood,,