Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

Default Family Guy & American Dad

We had the thread on the old PS, and we could do with one here!

POTENTIAL SPOILERS!

Has anyone seen the newest FG episode from America yet? 'Airport '07' is the title...
    I've just seen it, and it's one of the best they've ever made in my opinion Quite surprising, considering Stewie hardly appears... I loved the cutaway to Peter's cock shot... not to mention Quagmire's pilot announcement... errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... and the bit where he put his toe in Meg's mouth as she slept Not to mention yet another funny Star Trek cutaway gag... and the hot girl with the bad laugh... and the Airplane music!

I hope someone understands me!

Wayne Guest

I've got some catching up to do yet, but hopefully soon, because i've got some more on the way to me.
    I recently watched far too much 'Family Guy' (from the start up to the Fonz episode) in such a short space of time, that i can't recall many individual episode titles. It was just mad week of hysterical laughter on my part! It's brilliant!
    Not really got into 'American Dad' yet. I've only seen 3 eps, which were ok, but it didn't hit me the same way. Whereas when i strayed onto 'Family Guy' totally by accident, i was laughing my bollocks off!

Pip Madeley Guest

When you get your new batch you should let us know what you think here, I'd be really interested to read, even if it's not in too much detail

and the bit where he put his toe in Meg's mouth as she slept
    I just loved that moment, I don't know why, it was really bizarre but really funny too - the other moment I really loved involved those Japanese girls - "They're tagged, they're tagged", the really annoying laugh woman, and "Aren't I just the worst".

And yeah, the episode as a whole was superb, I've watched all of S.4 and S.5* now and can't wait to see the next episode on Sunday night, the series is going from strength to strength imo.

*I'm sticking with the US numbering season btw, the UK one is just too complicated!
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    When you get your new batch you should let us know what you think here, I'd be really interested to read, even if it's not in too much detail
    You can count on it!

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I just loved that moment, I don't know why, it was really bizarre but really funny too - the other moment I really loved involved those Japanese girls - "They're tagged, they're tagged", the really annoying laugh woman, and "Aren't I just the worst".
    I liked the fact that Brian actually learnt from the time Stewie beat him up

Plus, Adam West reading "My Pet Goat" exactly like George Bush = genius

(it's at YouTube if you type in Family Guy Airport)

I liked the fact that Brian actually learnt from the time Stewie beat him up
    I loved that bit, though I've slight issues with it at the same time! It's just that in the actual episode where Stewie does it, it is really funny, but on re-watching it I just can't help but feel so horrified by what happens to poor Brian.

Still, it didn't take him that long to recover...and at least revenge was had.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Sorry Pip!
    I thought 'Airport 07' was one of the worst Family Guy episodes I've ever seen!

I liked the Adam West/Bush joke, and Brian thinking back to Stewie beating him up. But other than that, I thought the jokes were pretty badly put together in this one, the only cutaway that made me laugh was the Star Trek one.

Anyone seen this week's yet? For the first time in ages it didn't do it for me, I liked it well enough but didn't find myself laughing out loud that much. The way they handled Clinton was all a bit too obvious, and Brian and Stewie's subplot seemed just a bit tacked on.

Still, it was pretty good, just not up to the usual standard imo.

Edit: Just found a fairly interesting interview with Seth McFarlane here: http://greatreporter.com/mambo/content/view/1383/1/
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I thought this weeks was Okay, the Clinton plot was too similar to the American Dad episode where Bush came for dinner though. And there are certain times where I think they go too far for a laugh, like Peter wanting to sleep with lois mother, and then ending up in bed with Clinton at the end.

Did anyone see this weeks? I thought Family Guy got off to a great start but then was quite 'meh' in its second half. Peter with Patrick Stewarts vocal chords was hilarious

Glad American Dad's back, as I enjoy it a lot more than Family Guy these days, and I thought this episode was particularly good, everything that Stan says is brilliant, and I enjoyed the sub plot with Roger, who I originally hated, but has now become one of my favourite characters.

Pip Madeley Guest

I'm glad that you guys are finally seeing the light about how good American Dad is

I enjoyed this week's FG - particularly the bit where Stewie walks on in on Meg drying herself off with the towel... and "Yahtzee!" Stewie's voice always cracks me up. Liked the "Bon apetite, douchebag" scene too. The 'Maud' joke went on forever though... it'd help if I knew what it meant! Quagmire 'tearing up Lois' carpet' was sublime too.

I'm glad that you guys are finally seeing the light about how good American Dad is
    I've always thought it was great...I think...
    Look like Volume Two of American Dad is finally coming out on Dvd in May as well, it seems to have taken forever!

I liked Peters electric shocks and his elaborate 'decoys' to trick Lois, as well the disabled montage of him at the end and then the reveal it had only been 45 minutes

This exchange made me laugh as well...

"Peter you've been sleeping with that money for a week, its time you did something with it!"
    "Buy a bolt and shut that trap of yours?"
    "What?"
    "What?"

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Penny View Post
    I've always thought it was great...I think...
    Look like Volume Two of American Dad is finally coming out on Dvd in May as well, it seems to have taken forever!
    Bout time... although, there are only 10 episodes of season one left (Stannie Get Your Gun - Tears of a Clooney)... so they will probably be going into the first few episodes of season two as well...

Roger, who I originally hated, but has now become one of my favourite characters.
    I'm exactly the same, his whineyness used to really annoy me, but nowadays his sub-plots are often the best thing in the episode. This week's episode with the plot with Stan and co in the forest was good, but Roger arrangeing a marriage just so he could get a new blender was really great.

I really loved FG this week, Peter being 'Electricman' was fantastic, and I do slightly prefer it to American Dad, but only slightly. I think it's mainly because of Stewie and Brian, & I don't know why but I especially like it when Brian acts like a real dog sometimes. Oh, and Peter's silly giggle gets me every time too.

I think it keeps getting better mostly too, Peter crying at the stairs and "Men, form a Crippletron" in this week's episode have to go down as two of the best ever FG moments ever!
    Last edited by Alex; 29th Mar 2007 at 7:17 PM.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Bout time... although, there are only 10 episodes of season one left (Stannie Get Your Gun - Tears of a Clooney)... so they will probably be going into the first few episodes of season two as well...
    Yeah the way they release the episodes is maaaaaaaad, I'd rather have just waited a little longer to get an entire season in one set. Though I suppose they air them at odd times as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I'm exactly the same, his whineyness used to really annoy me, but nowadays his sub-plots are often the best thing in the episode. This week's episode with the plot with Stan and co in the forest was good, but Roger arrangeing a marriage just so he could get a new blender was really great.
    Yeah Rogers crazy schemes have been hilarious lately, I'm glad they decided to just have him go out in disguise all the time rather than be stuck in the house. The plot where he was the teacher at college was particularly good, and when he was helping Stan drag race and stole some gunlasses...

"Yes to these, Stan? Yes to these?"

Pip Madeley Guest

I'm quite looking forward to seeing the next installment of the 'golden turd' storyline

I'm quite looking forward to seeing the next installment of the 'golden turd' storyline
    Those were genius

Pip Madeley Guest

I was watching the PTV episode earlier, and it reminded me of you Martin, with the appearance of the Cobra Commander:

"You've got to censor television, you fools!"

Yup! Nobody knows who he is!
    I was thrilled when he showed up, his voice was dead on, and they even used the music from the G.I Joe cartoon, it's little things like that which make the Family Guy cultural references so good

Pip Madeley Guest

That voice is like the real one? God, it sounds hilarious

That voice is like the real one? God, it sounds hilarious
    Yup, it's pretty much dead on!
    And thats pretty much the way Cobra Commander acts in the cartoon, there was even an episode in which he took over TV and started making his own TV programmes...much like Peter in PTV!

Pip Madeley Guest

I love it when he gets into his copter and goes through the roof for no reason whatsoever

Pip Madeley Guest

I've just found out that it's actually Hank Azaria (Moe, Apu and many others in the Simpsons) who does the voice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzyyCxvZHmY

Oo, I didnt realise that. It's strange because Azaria also took over the role of Moe from Chris Latta, who voiced both Mr. Burns and Moe in the first series of the Simspons.

I do a rather good Cobra Commander, if I do say so myself