Default Matt Smith Terminated!!

He'll be Matt! (Geddit?)

One-time Doctor Who star Matt Smith has apparently landed a "major" role in the new Terminator trilogy...

Huge news this. With his Doctor Who days now behind him, it's been revealed that Matt Smith is set to join the new trilogy of Terminator films in a "major role".

Smith's not 100% confirmed yet, but Deadline is reporting he is likely to now join the films. His part in the now-shooting Terminator: Genesis is likely to be a smaller one, but the role "will grow in the second and third films".

Smith joins a cast that includes Emilia Clarke, Jason Clarke, Jai Courtney and Arnold Schwarzenegger. No further details of his character are available at this time. You can bet your backside we'll keep you posted though.

Terminator: Genesis, directed by Alan Taylor, arrives in July 2015. Release dates for the subsequent films have not yet been announced.

UPDATE: Skydance has now confirmed this on its Twitter feed: "We don't have a TARDIS, but we do have a Time Lord: we're pleased to welcome Matt Smith to the cast of #Terminator"

FURTHER UPDATE: The official Paramount press release reveals that "Smith will play a new character with a strong connection to John Connor, alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jason Clarke, Emilia Clarke, Jai Courtney, J.K. Simmons, Dayo Okeniyi and Byung Hun Lee".

Deadline.

Read more: http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/term...#ixzz30ZtUGXJ7

Hasta La Geronimo, Timey Wimey.

Well this is what we all suspected, that he's far too good to do anything small. All the best to him, I hope this is a big success!

*No one mention Fright Night with David Tennant*
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

His part in the now-shooting Terminator: Genesis is likely to be a smaller one, but the role "will grow in the second and third films".
    All well and good, as long as it isn't this at the end of the first film...

Terminator Protagonist: Well that was a close shave! Let's hope nobody decides to build robots in the future, eh?

Matt Smith: Y-e-ss... *stares into camera and nods slowly.

Good for Matt!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.