Default What's your favourite city?

Of all the places you've ever been, what's your favourite and why?

I think I'd pick Berlin because it's not only beautiful in its own way but it has such an amazing history within our lifetimes. Going from east to west so freely and often without noticing contrasts so sharply with a generation ago. Whenever I saw the line of the wall on the ground I got goosebumps.

And the communist tv tower is stunning.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

To be honest, it's a very difficult question to answer. There are cities I love for different reasons.

I love Sheffield because even now whenever I visit, it feels like home. It was a city I fell in love with as soon as I visited it and I had three happy years there at university.

I love San Francisco, which was a city i always wanted to visit and it didn't let me down. It's got plenty of character, lovely hills and some iconic places within it.

Bacelona is also pretty fabulous- one of those cities that you visit and everywhere you look there is something wonderful to see. It also has the best aquarium I've ever visited.

And I can't chose between them, sorry!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Barcelona!

As Si said, something different to see where ever you look. The scenery is stunning and it's very clean (well, the last time I went it was). I've been four times now and it has never disappointed.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

At this moment I would have to say Venice.

It is just as beautiful as it looks on TV. I've always wanted to go there since I saw Roger Moore running around in Moonraker.

Also I got to go there before the Doctor, so I probably saw Vampires & didn't realise it.

I'm jealous...I've never been to any of those European cities (yet!)

The cities I'm more familiar with are on the other side of the Atlantic...it's a hard choice basically between Toronto and Boston. I've got family in Toronto, I'm a big fan of the high-flying Blue Jays baseball team (how many years I've waited to say that again! ) and there's just so much to see and do in the vicinity...I think that the fact I can feel more relaxed there than in Boston, which has so much to offer too particularly on the historical side.

Ah, but London, London, London. It is said that he who is tired of London is tired of taxi drivers leering out of the window and shouting "W**ker!!" as they drive past. Home of the London Eye, London Bridge and London Train Station. It is big, dirty and nasty, full of grumpy people.

Then again, it has got the National Theatre, The West End, hundreds of music venues, English pubs... I like London. Yeah, mainly the pubs.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I love London as well, probably better than most of you who live in the vicinity. There's a big difference between visiting somewhere though, and living and working there.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    At this moment I would have to say Venice.

It is just as beautiful as it looks on TV. I've always wanted to go there since I saw Roger Moore running around in Moonraker.

Also I got to go there before the Doctor, so I probably saw Vampires & didn't realise it.
    I would say that Venice is my least favourite, but, to be fair, I haven't been since 1983. However, when we were there, I found it smelly, dirty and way too expensive.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Edinburgh - biased by the fact I lived there for 5 years, but so full of history, beautiful views, areas of nature, good facilities and amenities. And best of all, compacted into such a small area that you can easily never need a car.
    Bazinga !

Wot Jon said - except I didn't live there for 5 years!

Tough one, I also like different places for different reasons:

Places I Like:

London, England: full of history, a strange mix of really old and really new and some great pubs

St Ives , Cornwall (ok, probably more like a town that a city) it's very touristy but I know it quite well now and I just really like it (I like old seaside towns with cobbles and lighthouses etc)

Florence, Italy: Went there once for work very briefly back in 2009 and loved it. It's worth going just for the Dome of Florence Cathedral.

Kyiv, Ukraine: (note the correct spelling). It's like a clean version of London, with lots of really old buildings mixed in with really new technology. I'll never forget in a tube station going through some very old, token operated turnstyles, up a old escalator, onto a old looking platform and then getting on a very modern train with videos playing on it - the new trains we have on some of our tube lines now, whilst clean and shiny are still not up to the standard of the trains in Kyiv - and my story dates back to 2006! The old churches and monuments look simply amazing too and for the most part you don't have to pay to visit them. I'd go back but perhaps not in the current climate!