Default Your Parents' Cars

OK it's a picture thread, but show us some of the cars that your parents owned back in the day!

One of the cars my parents owned was the Austin Princess - in metallic green.

These cars were incredibly popular in the early 80's. Everbody seemed to have one. Now they are gone forever. I liked this car, but Aunty Janice reversed it into a lampost. Whoops.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

My Dad drove a Ford Cortina Estate.

I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

http://slatford.co.uk/Pictures%20of%...ord-Anglia.jpg My dad's first car in 1967 was an Anglia, Wow! does pics of these bring back memories of late sixties summers. After this was a Singer Vogue in the very early seventies, I can still recall the registration number of both cars DDD 466c AND 231 FAX.

A Hillman Imp, the same colour as this one - the first off the production line - at the Glasgow Transport Museum.

My Dad's first car in mid/late '60s was an Austin A40.

Then a mini-clubman in the early '70s.
    I can still remember the registration number: HAL332K.

Then a Fiat Miafiori in the mid '70s.

Then a Ford Cortina Mk 3 in the late '70s.

We had them all, in various states- a Mark 3 Cortina, Mk 1 Granada (as favoured by The Sweeney, in brown, of course), a Mini Clubman van, the Audi 100 (we loved that card- so big!), an Austin Princess variant- the Wolsely (in burgundy)... but the one I remember loving the most, the one that rolled down a hill in Weymouth when the brakes failed, the one with the unique sounding engine...

The one and only...

Austin Maxi!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Most of those cars are pretty dated, but isn't that Ford Cortina gorgeous? The Mini Clubman is pretty damn awesome too.

It would be fascinating to drive one of these and compare it to our modern cars with all their mod-cons... air conditioning what's that?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Most of those cars are pretty dated, but isn't that Ford Cortina gorgeous? The Mini Clubman is pretty damn awesome too.
    Must admit I love the old cars. Even the ones that aren't particularly stylish. Because they all seemed to have their own 'look' to them, Whereas today's cars all seem to look very generically sameyto me.

Take a little old look at this massive bugger!

There were fold-up seats in the boot where me and my cousin used to sit on the way home from school and blow raspberries at the cars behind!

I can pretty much trump everyone's contributions here by revealing that, amongst other 'normal' cars at various points, i.e. a Mini, an Austin 1100, a Vauxhall Cavalier, etc, we had for some time a Bedford CA Romany motor-caravan, almost identical to the one below except ours was blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Cox View Post
    I can pretty much trump everyone's contributions here by revealing that, amongst other 'normal' cars at various points, i.e. a Mini, an Austin 1100, a Vauxhall Cavalier, etc, we had for some time a Bedford CA Romany motor-caravan, almost identical to the one below except ours was blue.

looks like some kind of barge to me!!!