the decorating is moving on a pace & as such so is my Who watching.

Timeflight was a bit of fun, Arc of Infinity is worse, with some seriously wooden acting. Then went on to the much more enjoyable Mawdryn Undead, Terminus & Enlightenment (SE). All of which I enjoyed greatly.

Next up....THE 5 DOCTORS!!!!!!!
    (the question is, which to choose; original or SE?)

There's no choice- the original and best!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Yes, but it's got the disjointed Cybermen chase scene. :/

This week we watched The Web Planet which made a big impression on Ken as a child so he enjoyed seeing it again (I was certainly glad to make it through in one sitting) and last night we managed The Crusade although I don't think that went down as well, mainly because of the faff of having to look up the recons on youtube.

William Russell's 1999 links too p*ssweak?

In the end I fell for the lure of the SE 5Doc's. In addition I watched Warriors of the Deep, Ressurection of the Daleks & Caves of Androzani.

The Gunfighters. A trial as usual. Even though some of the jokes were actually quite amusing this time round, the commentary's proving to be vastly superior.

The Husbands of River Song.

This one kept threatening to be good. There are moments where it breaks out and is thoroughly brilliant. The lighting is amazing - superb work there.

BUT. It was terrible! Nardole is a nothing character, as is River's other husband. Why is Nardole coming back? He's not funny, he's not relatable, he's not likable. Useless, useless character.

There's a lot to be said about Steven Moffatt, strong women and decapitation, but I'm not Sigmund Freud so I'll let you draw your own conclusions. (Fnar). Suffice to say, this story is the crossbred son of A Good Man Goes To War and Voyage of The Damned, but without any of the aspects that made those two shows enjoyable.

There are a couple of wonderful scenes that are essentially the Doctor and River talking, but that's it.

And can they find somewhere to film that isn't The Temple of Peace? Every major scene seems to take place in that building! It's so oddly recognisable. Gah.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

The Chase got a mixed response last week so I'm hoping for a better reaction to The Time Meddler later, especially as it's our last complete story for a while.
    Last episode aside Ian and Barbara deserved a better final story.

Sent from my G620S-L01 using Tapatalk

The Time Meddler went down very well last week and Thursday saw the prelude to our new Who night with viewings for my Christmas present the TV Movie Bluray and Night of the Doctor.
    Last night saw us watch the truncated version of Galaxy 4 from The Aztecs special ed followed by Mission to the Unknown (this being a Loose Cannon version I got very excited by the appearance of the PS Audios theme music!).
    Tomorrow night we will be starting the 2005 series...

Episode 6 of The Silurians completed! I like this 7 parter - it doesn't sag in the middle thanks to the "deadly bacteria" storyline. Plus we get to see Peter Miles losing it big style and jumping over the desk trying to throttle The Brig!

Like... at some point during 'Robot', did the fourth Doctor ( still suffering from post-regeneration trauma ) head off in the TARDIS and become corrupted by his darker side, growing himself a beard and then facing off against Sinbad?

Or did the second Doctor, during the hypothetical season 6B, become a priest and end up getting skewered by a falling cross, somehow crawling back to The TARDIS and then regenerating into Pertwee?
    Or perhaps the second Doctor went back to ancient Greece and grew old and blind, eventually meeting Jason during his quest for the Golden Fleece.

The very last thing Sylvester said to the Daleks, just as he was taking the Master's ashes to the Time Lords (or Lord's cricket ground knowing him!) was, "Did I ever tell you I was in The Hobbit?" He had to go!

Of course the very next time they saw him he asked "Did I ever tell you I was in Withnail And I?" He had to go...

The Sea Devils. Gosh that scene of them coming out of the water is so iconic isn't it. And the Clangers scene qualifies as one of the most random

This week's viewing comprised

The Mythmakers (a new story for me although got complaints from Ken for it being predictable regarding the wooden horse of Troy)

The End of the World
    The Unquiet Dead

Next: The Nightmare Begins !
    Last edited by Richard Brinck-Johnsen; 15th Jan 2017 at 3:29 PM. Reason: mistyped a very well known episode title!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    Next: The Nightmare Begins !
    Impossible since you've moved and not left The Lads a forwarding address...

I would have preferred a reboot in 2005, just so we could have re-done the missing stories with new Doctors. I'd like to see the Myth Makers done with Capaldi and Clara.

We sort-of got The Romans with Capaldi and Amy...

Planet of the Ood. Watched during by spaghetti bolognaise dinner of course ! The huge Ood collective brain did remind me a lot of B7's "Ultraworld". Who would win in the brain-off?

Don't forget the Rani's Giant Brain! It may not be as large as the ones in Ultraworld and Planet of The Ood but it did contain History's Greatest Genii.

I tried to think of a quiz show where they could all battle each other, but the only show I can think of with three contestants is Blind Date. Perhaps Blockbusters?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

"Wot we doin' tonight Brain?"

"Same as every night, Pinky... trying to win The Great Brain-off!"

The Massacre proved to be too much of a chore for my husband who left me to watch most of it on my own.

Tonight's punish... I mean viewing pleasure is The Long Game

We fared a lot better this week with The Ark and Father's Day...

Goodness me! I've just watched and thoroughly enjoyed Pyramids of Mars. I'm as stunned as anyone.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Don't be - it's fab!