Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021

Army of Ghosts.
    If Torchwood did take Pertwee prisoner, they couldn't resist the temptation to open fire the moment he says "Hai!", strokes his neck, or grabs someone's chin...

I'm currently running through the Capaldi series. Next up, Listen.

I'm still mainly working randomly through the missing story soundtracks, currently partway through Fury from the Deep. (I'm sure Pip would be pleased I'm finally getting around to it, I think it was his fave rave.)

I have rewatched a couple of random Capaldi's recently - unusually for me, not as part of a complete series repeat or anything like that, just because, well, just because I quite fancied watching them. So I did the Zygon two-parter, which I still think is rather good; and the Dark Water/Death in Heaven finale to season 8 which is... good... in places... but... no, I still really struggle with the CyberBrig bit!

And then I watched, for a third time, Twice Upon A Time (so I make that Six Times Upon A Time, though feel free to check my maths). I really like it except (sorry) Bradley's Hartnell is awful. It's not a bad performance, it's just totally unlike Billy - it was the same in Adventures in Time & Space, with the 'reenactments' but there it didn't matter because that wasn't the point. Here, though, it IS the point. I just wish, in hindsight, they'd got some less-known actor in, with a very clear brief to take home all the DVDs and do a darned good impersonation - rather than, as with David Bradley who is a superb actor and who I can understand them not wanting to give such a restrictive direction to, a 'reinterpretation'.

Anyway, for all that I still enjoyed it a lot, especially Peter's line "thankyou for everything you meant to me" and also for the joy of seeing Bill Potts again (I didn't realise quite how much I'd enjoyed the character in season 10 until I was thrilled to see her back at Xmas). So, I think, I'm now ready for the New Series!! Come on Chibnall, get a move on!

I wonder how Team TARDIS would react to watching the DW DVDs. Hopefully during the "real" Logopolis Nyssa wasn't as caked in make-up as Sarah Sutton so obviously was in the BBC tv version...

If the Fourth Doctor continued travelling with his final companions:

Tom: Here's Heathrow, Tegan, if you want to get off...

Tegan: *rushes out* *falls* AAARGH!

Tom:... as i was about to say, the TARDIS has materialised several feet above the runway, so you might want to stay inside...

And Adric, remember what I told you about vampires? and standing in front of big flying machines with a pointy bit at the front? Hmm? Now who are you? Nyssa? Ah yes, you're the quiet one who behaves herself, aren't you? Do you know, I think we're going to get on!

To those who say Vengeance on Varos predicted reality shows etc.,

I don't think Varos was exporting celebrity cooking videos to the galaxy, or that the Doctor would have been that bothered about them if they were.

Quillam: "And this is how i make a chocolate thick shake, just like the ones you get at those fast food restaurants!"

More along the lines of Strictly Come Flinching and the highly popular Carry On Screaming film series...

Evil of the Daleks is much more entertaining if you imagine Troughton saying "Not even for the lives of all the people in this room!" in the same tone as Homer Simpson saying "the Land of Chocolate!"...

Mmm... Daleks...

It's quite appropriate that the most recent incarnation of the Master is now appearing in the latest TV adaptation of 'Sabrina, the Teenage Witch', given that previous versions of both are famous for hanging out with awesomely terrible animatronic cats.

Ashildr and Central Park at night sounds like an interesting combination, doesn't it. A guy tries to mug or rape/kill Me and finds out she doesn't die. Maybe he'd act like the Master and Captain Jack?

with Joe Orton slagging off 'The Underwater Menace' , Salman Rushdie misinterpreting 'The Mutants', and Kenneth Williams expressing contempt for 'The Android Invasion' it makes me wonder why famous literary types always seem to have close encounters with really awful Doctor Who stories.

I'd like to see what Joey Essex makes of Pyramids of Mars...