Tegan and Nyssa watching paint dry and waiting for Godot would have been better!

Since Romana in Classic Who called herself a Time Lord, can fandom dump the revolting "Time Lady" please?

I wonder what the SJW wing of fandom think of "Time Lord" and "Time Lady", and whether or not the Doctor should be called a Time Lady now? What is the term now for a Gallifreyan who has changed genders? or changed back? Is the Doctor now Transsexual? Bisexual? We should be told!

Mind you, since, as you say, Romana prefers to be a Time Lord, in the same way that female cricketers prefer being batsmen or batters compared to batswomen, I think we already have been... (It's "Time Tot" that annoys me...)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    It's "Time Tot" that annoys me...
    Maybe Romana should have turned Four into a baby. He would look so cute in nappies!
    Sorry, back in my teens i read a lot of fiction where crass and misbehaving men were magically turned into babies by women, and thought of Four sitting in a playpen on the console room floor clad only in a nappy is hilarious, especially if, like Word of God said about Baby Benton in The Time Monster, he keeps his adult mind in baby form.

It's the men who actually do enjoy doing that in their spare time that worry me...

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    It's the men who actually do enjoy doing that in their spare time that worry me...
    Yeah it's much more interesting to write stuff where "dudebros" get turned into teenage girls or adult women. i once wrote a story where a teenage boy tries to use magic to get a date for the school prom dance, only he does not specify who is to be the female date...

The Welsh asked God "Let's see a try,
    It really would be t'riffic."
    Then England scored. The Lord replied
    "You should have been specific!"

Tom Baker was the first DW series lead who wasn’t a veteran of the Second World War. He had the mercy of a late birth.

The synopsis of Super Ted suggests a particularly drug-induced revamp of Doctor Who:

A defective children's toy becomes animate and sapient when a spotted alien sprinkles him with magic powder, and then the alien takes him to Mother Nature, who turns him into a superhero. He then trots the globe with the alien in tow, fighting an evil cowboy whose minions are a dimwitted giant and a living skeleton.

That happened to me last Thursday fortnight, don't knock it!

which one: fighting an evil cowboy, or being a defective childrens' toy?

Both - my life is ridiculous!

So.. how long does time pass for the Master between dematerialising from the dish control room, and landing on the ground to kidnap Adric?

He has to set up the hadron web, learn how to use block transfer computations etc etc.

Both a long time and a matter of minutes. That's the joy of time travel and planning traps that will be a joy to spring.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

It might have ruined the show but during the recent Twitch streams I thought of some scenes where The Doctor and other Time Lords were able to slow localised time enough to travel at places that would normally take longer.
    But there would be no way of filming it without falling into the Incredible Hulk or Bionic Man running in slow motion.

The Doctor [to Gerry Adams]: "The future's bright, the future's Orange!"

Gerry [to Fenian]: "Do car bombs work on TARDISES?"

Instead of quoting poetry in Fang Rock, the Doctor should have gone "why didn't i evacuate them?", then smile a big toothy grin and start whistling The White Cliffs of Dover...

As fun as Gilligan as the Doctor would have been, I think the Skipper would've kicked arse as Tom's successor. An ex-Navy man etc. And if Romana upset him, he'd whomp her with his hat!

It's all season 18 here. The bluray set is spectacular

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Conversely, it's season 11 here - that is to say, I've been rewatching Jodie's batch, all of which I'd only seen the once before. Inexplicably, despite seeing why people were complaining, I enjoyed them all first time out; and even more inexplicably, I'm 'feeling the love' just the same second time around. Kerblam! seems the weakest link so far (I'm 8 down, 3 to go) but even that has a lot to recommend it. So, although there's plenty of room for improvement, it's all pretty good.

What a dull post, sorry - I'll try to find something to have a real good moan about as soon as possible.

John Wiles is an awful jerk in every way (from writing out Vicki over a dumb spat to the racist undertones of The Ark).

He was on record as saying he wasn't keen on SF, so other than the threat of unemployment, one wonders what reasons for taking the post came to mind.

I have started making my way through Season 18 on blu-ray. I've done the extras on the Logopolis disc and have watched The Leisure Hive and it's extras. I'm loving the Gogglebox style "Behind the Sofa" features. Seeing Padders, Janet and Sarah banter with each other is like having three Doctor's on the couch squabbling.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

I'm on the Full Circle disc now. The behind the sofa team's reaction to Romana being bitten by the marsh spider is just great.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Auntie Vanessa's demise is hilarious in how pathetic she acts in trying to save herself. You want to laugh at her, and cheer on the Master...

It's like how the Toll Master gets shot in the back while running into a wall by Gavrok...