Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

The Unquiet Dead, Shakespeare Code & God Complex did for the 9th, 10th & 11th Doctors. We've gone back to Hartnell again and are now halfway through The Chase.

Paul

I finally finished watching Web of Fear last night – I would say that it’s good but ultimately a bit disappointing. I still love the first episode – full of menacing atmosphere and intrigue, and the tube tunnels look amazing. Unfortunately, as the story progresses the constant tramping backwards and forwards through the tunnels starts to get a bit boring, and they are ultimately rather over-lit so as to lessen the atmosphere, plus the clomping of footsteps over the wooden floor as opposed to concrete makes it rather obvious that it’s a set, however good it actually looks. Episode 4 is a welcome diversion by going outside and providing a bit of real action, but as the story drew on I started to lose interest, and the final episode is a real let-down. Ultimately I think it would have worked better as a four-parter, and whilst it’s obviously great to have the story back in the archives I’m not sure it actually deserves the ‘classic’ status which it’s always been given. As far as I’m concerned The Enemy of the World is far better.

Fear Her

If they could have re-written everything from the people going missing in the Olympic Stadium onwards, then it wouldn't have been a bad episode. Still makes me laugh the way the TARDIS materialises the wrong way round.

We've just watched The Snowmen. It's really rather good.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I like it, especially the sort of 'fairytale' feel to the Doctor living on a cloud. It's a nice little ep.

For me, I finished off the Blu-Ray of Spearhead this morning - too many years since I saw it last really, it's such a good story isn't it. I've really enjoyed it this time around, and as ever I can't help but wonder how it was received by 'fans' at the time; it's so unlike what Doctor Who had been up to that point (other than The Invasion I suppose, for obvious reasons). Pertwee makes such a winning debut though, he's instantly loveable.

So that gives me a couple of 'Who free' weeks really, to clear the palate before the new chap arrives. It's not long now...

I like it, especially the sort of 'fairytale' feel to the Doctor living on a cloud. It's a nice little ep.
    The TARDIS has never, ever looked more magical than up there on that cloud. A beautiful image.

Pertwee makes such a winning debut though, he's instantly loveable.
    Don't worry Andrew, he gets that sorted out by The Dćmons.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

It's funny because it's sort of true!

Army of Ghosts

What a pity Jackie Tyler wasn't the companion!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm watching Daemons with the kids. They seem to be enjoying it

Still missing Matt Smith, I rewatched The Power Of Three last night, and enjoyed it much more than I did initially. Good fun thoughout, and Mark Williams is superb!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I'm watching Time Flight. Oh yes I am. You can't stop me.

Following on the the Daemons, we have now watched Revenge of the Cybermen, Awakening, Vengeance on Varos, Paradise Towers, Infinite Quest (wildcard replacing the 8th Doctor stories) and Rose. Aidan really liked Paradise Towers, but didn't pay as much attention to Infinite Quest which he found boring, but which surprised me by being better than I expected it to be.

Dalek Invasion of Earth

They really didn't look after that TARDIS exterior did they? I've never seen it look so shabby! Was David Campbell meant to look like Chesterton?

The Ribos Operation.
    Ian Cuthbertson very entertaining! I'd forgotten how good this story was. Still got part 4 to watch tomorrow.

The Seeds of Doom

It's podtastic

Finally succumbed and bought Web of Fear a couple of weeks ago, so watched Ep 1 tonight.
    Bazinga !

I thought I'd ask here, rather than resurrect a very old Loose Cannon thread....

I'm a bit out of the loop, what's the standing with these now? Just going through my collection, and I've found I'm only missing three of these (and Web & Enemy now not needed), The Crusade, Wheel In Space & Faceless Ones.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Aren't they all on Lost In Time? Or am I misunderstanding you.

Uh it's Frontios tonight on Horror channel! Whoop whoop Tractator-me-mators.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I mean the recons. There used to be a Loose Cannon website, but I can't seem to find it any more.

My current watching....

Day of the Daleks SE + extras

Invasion of the Dinosaurs DVD + extras. One of my favourites of the Petwee era.

And talking of eras, I also watched the David Tennant era, which for me just entails Human Nature - Utopia.

Started DIOE today as it hits 50!

I recently watched this - would have been better with an episode less! And how battered does the TARDIS look in that first ep??

With two of the TARDIS windows open I reckon that answers the question of whether there's a loo inside.

For some anniversary viewing yesterday, I finally got round to watching Enemy of the World & Web of Fear for the first time, and rounded it off with Mind of Evil, in colour for the first time.

Good choices!