Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Next time I shall not be so lenient!

Poor old Androids.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Planet Of Giants. Nex time I will be lenient! Seriously, all right if you're a CBBC viewer.

Delta and the Bannermen, for the first time in a long while. Pleasingly, it's lost none of its charm and I enjoyed it a lot. "I'm trying to use mind power to make it grow, but I don't seem to be having much luck"

It's The Invisible Enemy tonight. Contact has been made.

It was a lot of fun too, I haven't seen that story in a long old time and the trip inside the Doctor's brain was delightfully deranged. And as someone commented on Saturday night, it means that ever since then the Doctors had a dagger and some of Leela's hair stuck in his head!
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

We've recently watched Colony in Space, Underworld, Timelash and the Time Monster. What's wrong with us?

Underworld has a really good first episode as everyone knows - they spent all the cash on the Space Ship set. But they also forked out a big wadge of it on the model work, which is uniformly excellent. It's superb, in fact! The ships look great and we see them bursting through the liquidy surface of a newly formed planet! Episode 2 foils this story, and it's shit. What's after it is much better, but it feels like everyone has lost faith in the whole thing by this point. The plot is actually quite good, although you do wonder about the wisdom of the Oracle giving Jackson two fission grenades that will destroy the planet and not entertaining the possibility that for some reason he might not leave and will blow everyone up. Also the Doctor leaves hundreds of people on a small colony ship at the end at the start of a 370 year journey. Not only will they need toilet facilities that arn't there but they'll presumably be pro-creating as well for the race to still be alive by the time they get home. Surely the Minyans should be hideous in-bred mutants if the entire population is descended from the original crew?

Unless the original crew could regenerate like Jackson's lot, and they would have sex with their children, then regenerate, then have sex with them again, introducing some new genes? In which case, where ARE the original crew? Collapsed in a cave somewhere, tired from all that sex, no doubt.

Si.

The thought of thousands of years of constant rumpo...

Now where's my regeneration device?

Has anyone seen my -

TIIIIIIIM!

Ah...um...well...

And trying to regenerate yourself into Karen Gillan won't be any help to you at all...

The Doctor: Alas, poor Adders, I knew him well. I swear that I shan't rest until he is avenged. I swear in his name that the blight of the Cybermen will be thus cleansed from the universe. VENGENCE SHALL BE MINE!!

That would have been an interesting scene.

I settled down to watch The Greatest Show In The Galaxy yesterday for the first time in a few years (and first time on BBC dvd). It has some faults, but I think it's really hard not to like. An interesting, and varied cast make it really enjoyable - with a vibe that's hard to pin down. It's almost Comic Strip Presents-like, with the appearance of Daniel Peacock. McCoy and Aldred are great here, and their chemistry together really is beginning to shine already.

A fair selection of extras too, really enjoyed Tomorrow's Times.

8/10.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I'm watching Attack of the Cybermen - I'm rather enjoying it. That podgy Cyber-controller has had a few too many Telos burgers though.

Android Invasion Part 1 - really rather good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just time to squeeze in the last part of Android Invasion before the election results. Styggron for Prime Minister!!! Vote Kraal!

Oh my gosh .... I've just realised ..... I'm seeing Darts as part of the Fleur Fest ....... at the Fleur de Lys pub in East Hagbourne. I can re-enact all these scenes I've just watched

Quote Originally Posted by Nyder View Post
    Oh my gosh .... I've just realised ..... I'm seeing Darts as part of the Fleur Fest ....... at the Fleur de Lys pub in East Hagbourne. I can re-enact all these scenes I've just watched

I think the Darts scenes in Android Invasion happened in the cut-out episode 5
    Bazinga !

Buck Rogers kicked Who's arse in Season 18. Doctor Who was king-hit and blindsided... as it was by The A-Team during Colin's era. Had Season 18 had a fresh and energetic Doctor, who was five to ten years younger, not performing with a telephone and who the viewers had not become fatigued with... who knows how the show could have fared against Buck?

I'm watching The Ark with Kieran and Aidan. Aidan is really enjoying it.

I'm rewatching Web Of Fear in my nightly tea-time slot (an episode a day), and it's not as great on second viewing. Episode 4 rocks, though.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Recently watched Underworld - wish i hadn't...

"The Long Game" as part of the 10th Anniversary run through Series 1. Sad to see it's even worse than it was on first viewing - it's just dull. Some people on an uninspiring space station doing not a lot. There's just not much to get excited about. It was the first, perversely reassuring, sign that Nu Who could throw up a duff 'un, just like the old days.

Si.

I'm letting the Horror channel choose my DW from time to time - last one was Seeds of Death p3&4 (but loved last weekends Omni of Stones of Blood)
    Bazinga !

The Horns Of Nimon wasn't much of an improvement on Underworld.

I rewatched Let's Kill Hitler last weekend... hoping it might not be as bad as I remembered it. Unfortunately it was, I can happily go without ever watching it again to be honest. One question, are we supposed to assume that when the nearly-dead Doctor whispers to River, he's telling her his name (as mentioned in Silence in the Library)? I hadn't noticed it first time round I think - probably my brain had melted before we got to that stage.

Oh, in the interest of charity - the effect for the tesselecta (sp?) was good. Well done.

Carnival of Monsters.