Default TV Series which were never made

This thread is about those tv series which were never actually made, but should have been. Whether it's something which was actually on the drawing board but never got any further, or something which is a complete fabrication but could have been great anyway, like the Fantastic Four.

Which tv series that was never made would you have liked to see most?

While the above Fantastic Four series was link wasn't real, there were plenty of comic characters who were considered as potential tv series and had pilot episodes made, many of which were never broadcast.

Such as this 1961 attempt to bring Superboy to our screens...

Not to mention this 1967 attempt at Wonder Woman from the makers of the Batman tv series...

I'm glad that never made it to series!

It's awful, isn't it?!

And not even in a "it's so bad it's good" way...

That Fantastic Four site is extraordinary - certainly, if you hadn't pointed out that it was made up, Mac, I'd definitely have fallen for it.

There was just a couple of details that had me doubting that FF series as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    The couple of details being that only 100 people ever saw this in secret, and that all existing copies of the episodes were destroyed in a fire?

However, if this had been for real this could have been a great series...writers such as Richard Mathieson, Jerome Bixby and George Clayton Johnson combined with some of the alleged cast (Elizabeth Montgomery as Sue Storm, Burgess Meredith as The Mole Man, etc) it could have been fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    Actually, though not a TV series, the Fantastic Four one is real-ish... Roger Corman made a version of it that was never intended to be viewed (but had to be made in a hurry or the rights would revert back to Marvel. I remember seeing it at a convention around 25 years ago. It does turn up on youtube occasionally so give it a search.

On the Blazing Saddles (quite possibly the funniest film of all time) DVD there is the pilot for the TV series... which is perhaps the least funny sitcom of all time. No Wilder, no Little, no humour.

Quote Originally Posted by MacNimon View Post
    The couple of details being that only 100 people ever saw this in secret, and that all existing copies of the episodes were destroyed in a fire?
    The heads stuck on other peoples bodies and an episode supposedly made in 1964, featuring Annihilus, who didn't appear in the comics til 1968 were the dead giveaways...