Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Shame about the last few votes. A neck-and-neck finish would've been far more exciting.
    Still, well done for Chris Eccleston for getting this for getting this far despite the predictable outcome.

I really thought Hartnell was going to win! Well done Pat :-)

Troughton by three votes! Shocking!

Can I claim that it was a hung Doctorate and that we now need a coalition of Eccleston and Hartnell to win the role? "Mmm, what's that my dear Rose? Fantastic!"
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I'm glad Eccleston survived for so long. I think his tenure, short as it was, had some of the strongest stories of the new series. Happy with a Troughton & Hartnell 1-2. Hopefully the return of EOTD & WOF has improved Troughton's stock.

It was difficult to separate how they were as Doctors vs the stories they were in. While there were some stories where I liked Tennant and Smith's Doctors there were also a lot where I wanted them to do a Monty Python and say "I'm sorry - this is all just getting far too silly so we're going to stop this and do something else"
    And neither of them were any good at angry acting.
    Bazinga !

I took the position that I wouldn't vote any Doctor down while there was an opportunity to vote one up, so the first half was fairly straightforward. I voted based on which Doctors do I want to know more about, and yes, see more of, so that effectively meant votes up for John Hurt and Paul McGann.

When it came for voting down, it was a little harder. So, assuming I wasn't going to downgrade someone I'd spent two weeks voting up, Paul and John were safe from my castigation.

I liked Matt. He has been my favourite Doctor, and I've been watching since Spearhead was broadcast, and 90% of the time he was great every time. So he was safe.

Ultimately, it came down to which one is least deserving of the reverence attached to them, and sorry guys it had to be Tom. I dunno if it's because I don't buy into the Genesis and City being the best stories ever, and I found the Tom Baker Show to be too distracting from what I actually wanted to watch toward the end of his tenure, so he got the short straw... Yes, Colin and Sylv also didn't get my full attention, but that was down to both scheduling and my discovery of girls around that time (and I aren't going to blame those two for that).

I'm curious about Jon saying neither Tennant nor Matt could do angry. I thought Matt did it rather well on a number of occasions, and his line in The Beast Below- "Nobody talk to me. Nobody human has anything to say to me today!" was excellent.

Yeh Mike and voting down Tom had nowt to do with being a bloody minded sod and wanting to bait me oooooooohhhh no of course not!
    Regards
    Diddy