Thread: Smilies

Default Smilies

I suppose it's better to address the matter sooner rather than later - does anyone have an opinion on keeping the smilie?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    I suppose it's better to address the matter sooner rather than later - does anyone have an opinion on keeping the smilie?
    Doesn't bother me. I'm mostly a growed up so tend not to get upset by things a celebrity did 30 years ago.

Respectfully, I can't share your attitude Mike, considering the nature of the "things" he did 30 years ago. The fact that he's a celebrity is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned, He's still a child-molester.
    If it was me, I'd remove it, but having said that, it's not a huge deal either way, personally; I just think it would be the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Respectfully, I can't share your attitude Mike, considering the nature of the "things" he did 30 years ago. The fact that he's a celebrity is irrelevant as far as I'm concerned, He's still a child-molester.
    If it was me, I'd remove it, but having said that, it's not a huge deal either way, personally; I just think it would be the right thing to do.
    I assume then you are also going to delete all Doctor Who restorations that use Finklestone's VidFire technique, and remove any books that are printed in Gill Sans and Perpetua typefaces?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Saville View Post
    I assume then you are also going to delete all Doctor Who restorations that use Finklestone's VidFire technique, and remove any books that are printed in Gill Sans and Perpetua typefaces?
    Such facetiousness is unworthy of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Such facetiousness is unworthy of you.
    My point is, at what point do we stop?
    It was not an attempt to be facetious, but if we start wiping out all reference from people who did bad things, do we do it randomly? Because if we delete everything created by someone whose actions we find offensive, we'd be left with nothing of value at all.

I hasten to add I am in no way defending what Rolf has done (even though I do believe at least one of the witness' testimony should have been inadmissible seeing as she'd already profited by selling her story), and he and all other people guilty of such things should be locked up without question. And of course if anyone here was directly affected by Rolf's private behaviour of course we should remove it- but I don't think anyone has posted a picture of him doing anything inappropriate.

Fair enough, Mike. I'll leave it at that.
    I'm probably not the best person to debate this with.