View Poll Results: How are you going to watch Deep Breath?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • On TV when first broadcast

9 56.25%
  • At the cinema

4 25.00%
  • Catch UP TV (iPlayer etc)

2 12.50%
  • Dowload

1 6.25%
  • Not going to bother!

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How are you going to watch Deep Breath

It's really quite amazing that we have so many options to see the new episode of Doctor Who on August 23rd. But how are you going to see it?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

No idea yet, as I don't plan my time around telly programmes- not even this one.
    Chances are we will record it and watch it later in the evening, but if we're home we will watch it live.

Jane and I are interested in seeing Capaldi in the role. (Although I've already seen the first 2 eps)
    Depending on what's happening on the day, we'll either watch the tv broadcast, or download it to watch at our convenience. It will likely be the latter.

I'll be watching it on the TV when it airs in, dare I say it, the traditional fashion And probably with just a little trepidation.

(That said, for various reasons, I didn't watch one episode of season 8 'live', it was always later in the evening having been recorded.)

I'll be watching it the following Monday night, as I'll be up in Liverpool for the Bank Holiday weekend. Yes I know they have TV in Liverpool (!), but I'll probably be in The Cavern as it's the culmination of International Beatles Week.

Not sure yet. I like to watch it live, but Aidan tends to ask a lot of questions which can be distracting.

I'm the only one on the poll who's said he's going to watch it live on TV!
    Amazingly calm and unexcited about it. Not hyped as I have been for various other Series.
    Is this the best state of mind to be? Could only go up. It doesn't feel like a chore, but I can't think of it as a treat.
    I'm confident this feeling will change (And probably a couple of times) during the series run!

To be honest, we've had various things on recently (including bruv's wedding this weekend just gone) which have grabbed my attention more than the imminent new series. I expect that this time next week, with the next 'thing on the horizon' being Deep Breath, I'll be getting rather more excited about it.

I'll be out so watching the recording sometime in the following day or so.

(Stupid DW, like the stupid football season - starting far too early)
    Bazinga !

Unlikely that we'll be seeing it live...it falls on our babysitting weekend so no doubt something like Peppa Pig or Bugs Bunny will be on our telly at the time. It'll be recorded though to watch later in the evening when junior has gone to bed. Or the next day if she refuses to go at a decent time...

When Who first came back, I would never have even entertained the idea of NOT watching it 'live'. But, as I said, with season 8 we didn't watch a single episode bang on time (admittedly, with The Bells of St John we were only 20 minutes late, but still...). The Snowmen from Christmas 2012, in fact, I didn't watch until Boxing Day breakfast; and with The Time of the Doctor I started to watch it, but then stopped to wait for Zel to get home, and then started it again.

Inexplicably, in 'the old days' I would have felt a bit strange about that, but I guess I'm perhaps not so 'precious' about it now - or maybe it's just that I'm now at least wily enough to avoid going anywhere near the 'net until after I've watched it (and thus aren't bombarded with a thousand opinions on it before seeing it).

But nevertheless, and as said above, I'd certainly like to 'do' the opener live. At the moment at least, there's nothing much planned for that day, so fingers crossed!

Live. No point watching it dead...

Funny how popular the not watching at all option is.

I can't remember not seeing any episode live*...although there may be one somewhen.

So yes I'll be watching it live with a few friends who 'invited themselves' round to see it.

Then I'll probably watch it recorded later on my own without distractions.

*As I'm sure some members here will attest to.

I'll watch it live on TV and then go online to read everyone slagging it off and how Moffat needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by dalekkiller View Post
    and then go online to read everyone slagging it off and how Moffat needs to go.
    Why are you so obsessed with this? It's almost all you ever talk about. It's as though it's more important to you than the show it'self.

Well this is the 21st Century!
    You can only imagine what fandom would have been like if social media existed at the level it is now back in 1985?!!

I can take or leave anybody commenting, I want to watch it for myself. I might not be at least 64% with what the show does. But let them rant off. It's funny from a distance.
    A new sport for people who hate sport?
    The only line that needs to be drawn is over sexual stuff, so it's not voyuerism if it appears on a forum that's public to guest.
    Although I'll stay right here on this site, thanks!

I meant that last part to be somewhat ironic but yeah I do let it get to me and looking at some of the high profile fans give me taste of how fandom would have reacted had social media been around in the 80s.

Bracknell cinema isn't sold out yet - the show is clearly on a downward popularity curve and is dooooomed!!!!!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Well, according to one pal who was going to see it at the cinema, he has decided against due to Empire's £15 price ticket!!! Really not sure how they can justify a higher price for something on the telly than Guardians of the Galaxy on 3D Imax!

I've just spent a long time trying to find out what time the first Ep is on the TV so I can set the recorder for it - why its it the BBC won't dare to tell me what's on next Saturday but ITV.com will ?
    Bazinga !

Has it not been confirmed as 10 to 8?

Almost certainly by iPlayer. I'll be popping back to Bracknell for the bank holiday weekend, but my new desk is due to arrive on Saturday and I want to assemble it before heading back (else I may not have a chance to do so for a couple of weeks, and I want to put an end to the cramps from having to use my computer from a set of occasional tables sooner than later!). All depends on whether or not I'm back in time!
    We ride tornadoes. We eat tomatoes.

My usual spot on the settee with a cuppa by my side and a squee in my heart!
    A pot of coffee, 12 jammie dodgers and a fez...

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    To be honest, we've had various things on recently (including bruv's wedding this weekend just gone) which have grabbed my attention more than the imminent new series. I expect that this time next week, with the next 'thing on the horizon' being Deep Breath, I'll be getting rather more excited about it.
    Good God, man. it was my wedding and I've been more excited about the new season!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    (That said, for various reasons, I didn't watch one episode of season 8 'live', it was always later in the evening having been recorded.)
    Don't you mean season 7: part 2? Capaldi's season is being referred to as season 8.
    A pot of coffee, 12 jammie dodgers and a fez...

Hahaha! And it looks like I won't be watching it live then. But I will be watching it tonight at some point.