Default Robin Williams RIP

The incredible Robin Williams has reportedly taken his own life, aged 63. Sadly it seems the people who make us laugh the most are often the most damaged. So sad.

He made an enormous impact on me in Dead Poets Society, which to this day is my favourite film. Seize the day never seemed more appropriate advice.

RIP Robin.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Very sad news indeed. I shall definitely be watching Dead Poets Society in tribute to him

I had to do a double take this morning when I heard the news.

For a second I thought they said

Robbie Williams
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

This is very sad news. I went to see Dead Poets Society at the Cinema & it was very well done & quite powerful, not only the story but the character Robin played.

Why do a lot of the people who set out to entertain us seem so fragile & self destructive?

Rest In Peace, Robin.

Awful - you'd hope that as you get older, you'd mellow out and settle down. RIP Robin. We'll forgive you Bicentennial Man.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

How bizarre, I was just going to mention Bicentennial Man, if only because I rather enjoyed it!!

But he was so memorable in everything he did, wasn't he? The Genie steals the show in Aladdin, even though he's not really the main character; and in so many other films Robin Williams showed not only great talent but great, great variety. Dead Poets Society, Good Morning Vietnam, Mrs Doubtfire, Garp, Night at the Museum....

For me, of course, he's Mork from Mork & Mindy - an extraordinary performance, part improv part acting, but with such a gorgeous innocence. As much a part of my childhood weekends as The Muppet Show and Sale of the Century, Mork & Mindy was one of those shows.

The other memory I have isn't really my memory as such, but Zel once said that her and her brother never really had much in common-- except one of Robin Williams' stand-up shows, the video of which they almost exhausted by playing over and over again. The bit I always remember is when he talks about (I think) pregnancy cravings, and lets out the cry "HaagenDaas!" in such a way that it is now impossible to say it any other way.

A great great shame for all of us who've seen him and loved him; but a real tragedy for his family and his friends and most of all for himself. So sad, I hope he's found peace at last.

Nanu nanu & RIP Robin Williams.

Jumanji is on Sky One now. Suddenly very moving.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Very shocking news!

RIP

Sign language gorilla Koko close to tears after Robin Williams' death

News of Robin Williams' untimely death hit particularly close to home for famed sign language gorilla Koko, who handlers say was moved nearly to tears by the somber mood shared by all at her Northern California home.

Staff at the Gorilla Foundation were, like much of America, in mourning after hearing the news Monday. Williams visited their center in 2001 and quickly befriended Koko, making her laugh for the first time in six months.

So when they explained to Koko, who is fluent in American Sign Language, that a dear friend of the center had died, she soon became sad and is pictured sitting hunched over with a quivering lip.

I haven't posted in here as I couldn't think of what to say. So I'll tell the truth, I've hardly seen any of his later films. I've saw Popeye and had Mork and Mindy on TV.
    I once let a friend of a friend in school borrow my brother's copy of his live act. "Is THIS the Loch Ness Monster?".
    I fet too old to watch Hook and wasn't interested in Jumanji back in the 90's. (Ha! Typical late teen stuck up!)
    Now at last I have all that time to watch his performances. I remember thinking "One Hour Photo" sounded like a terrific film and a more meaty part for him. But even then I never got around to watching it.
    Suppose no excuses now, and R.I.P. Robin.