Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MacNimon View Post
    ...none of them have been paying into endowments etc which rely on strong financial markets for over 20 years.
    A Yes vote could have paid havoc with the financial markets...
    Our financial markets are screwed beyond repair, the mother of all financial collapses looms larger on the horizon than ever before, because of Westminster. They'll blame it on a third party (that damn evil Pootin, Bitcoin, or some supposed terrorists that aren't caught on CCTV because the cameras were faulty that day), but it will be their continued policies that have done it. They know it. They ALL know it. All they do is rearrange the deckchairs on the Titanic to keep themselves in power for another term. IMO.
    Last edited by Perry Vale; 19th Sep 2014 at 1:01 PM.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Reporting of the vote has been world-wide:

However the accuracy of the reporting leaves a bit to be desired
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

The legitimacy of the vote has been called into question...

...By Russia!!!!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Phil, that's the American's for you...you have to give 110%!!

No, that's football managers!

You know, the downside of all this is that we can't deport Lorraine Kelly...

Alex Salmond has resigned.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

I know I'm being unreasonable but I can't help but think that Alex Salmond is throwing his toys out of the pram.
    "Well if you're not going to vote independent then I'm off & I'm taking my ball with me!"

He doesn't really have a choice sadly. Anyone fronting a failed referendum campaign has to resign because they have effectively failed as a politician.

Except Nick Clegg.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    Our financial markets are screwed beyond repair, the mother of all financial collapses looms larger on the horizon than ever before, because of Westminster. They'll blame it on a third party (that damn evil Pootin, Bitcoin, or some supposed terrorists that aren't caught on CCTV because the cameras were faulty that day), but it will be their continued policies that have done it. They know it. They ALL know it. All they do is rearrange the deckchairs on the Titanic to keep themselves in power for another term. IMO.
    I'm sorry Perry but that is complete and utter balls.

I think Salmond's big mistake was underestimating the support he'd have in this campaign. I don't think he expected to win it beforehand, but may now be looking at it as a BIG missed opportunity. I'm referring more to the lack of preparedness that seems to have been on show in the Yes camp, rather than actual politics. More the things which weren't thought through and prepared for in advance, the contradictions in their own aims.

I mean, take the currency issue, for example. All he had to do was be honest from the start...say that the Pound (Sterling) is the strongest option, but explain that for true Independence that's not a viable option even though it's the one he'd prefer. Then explain the remaining options...and instead of making vague promises of the great things they'd like to do, be honest and spell out exactly how they intend to fund it even if it makes for difficult reading. But politicians (ALL of them, in general) feel that they have to lie to the public to get their votes....but you never know, a little bit of honesty for a change may actually pay dividends for once.

The problem is though, who ever actually knows when to take a politician at his word?

I've got a feeling though that this whole Independence thing will rear its ugly head again 20 or 25 years down the line, I don't think a 55%/45% win is enough to call it a solid win. After all, there's still 45% of the Scottish population desperate for Independence and that has to be considered the starting point next time round!
    Last edited by MacNimon; 20th Sep 2014 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Spelling!

After all, there's still 45% of the Scottish population desperate for Independence
    Exactly. This is what sickens me most about Cameron's cocksure, patronising response. There's no respect for the people of Scotland.

From a purely selfish point of view, I'm glad, because we'll have a better chance of getting rid of the Tories.

I see that there's even more in-fighting now among the former Better Together campaigners. Cameron is apparently considering allowing only English MPs to vote on purely English matters, but Milliband doesn't agree because that means that Labour will lose a lot of their support from Scottish MPs who will no longer be able to vote.

A can of worms has certainly been opened and I haven't a clue where it's all going to end...

I'm not a Tory supporter, but I DO agree with Cameron over English MP's voting on English matters. Until it all goes tits up then I'll back track.

I DO agree with Cameron over English MP's voting on English matters
    In theory I agree - but it strikes me as another layer of bureaucracy and a chance for the Govt of the time to hide, obfuscate and to force through whatever laws they think they can get away with.

Did I mention I was disgusted by Cameron's 'Yah boo sucks now English people are going to stick the knife in' attitude? Oh good, I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    I'm not a Tory supporter, but I DO agree with Cameron over English MP's voting on English matters. Until it all goes tits up then I'll back track.
    So do I, Tim. His opponents have the problem though because then the Tory vote will be strengthened too much...

Yes, which is the only reason that Labour/Milliband don't want it. Labour would have to work harder to get votes outside cities.

The English votes for English law is designed for one reason and one reason only to make Labour look anti-English. If anyone here thinks that Cameron is doing this out of concern for the English then they are deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by dalekkiller View Post
    I'm sorry Perry but that is complete and utter balls.
    I'm sorry, but it isn't. Our financial system is a massive ponzi scheme, rigged from top to bottom. Everything in it is rigged. The inflation figure, interest rates, our GDP figure, exchange rates, the gold price, the price of silver, derivatives, the FOREX market....all of it. It's one fraud after another, and when one fraud is discovered, they simply move on to a new one. It WILL come crashing down, history shows us this. It might be six months, or 5 or 10 years, but it will.

Edited to add:

Of course I don't expect you to take my word for it, I expect you to keep believing the the "authoritative" voice of politicians (liars) and corporate, mainstream media (liars) who told you that no-one saw the last financial collapse coming, which of course was yet another lie.

So in an effort to create some meaningful debate...I've told you why I think it WILL happen, pehaps you could elaborate as to why you think it won't?
    Last edited by Perry Vale; 22nd Sep 2014 at 11:30 AM.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

You got this of Max Kesier off Russia Today didn't you?

Ha, you don't seem to want to answer my question, but in reply to yours, no.

So where did you get off this then because it seems less like a prediction more the ravings of some conspiracy theorist. Oh and when people use the phrase corporate mainstream media, I just switch off

When people refuse to answer my simple questions, I do too, but in the spirit of reaching out....

Ravings of a Conspiracy Theorist

In answer to your simple question I honestly don't know unlike a lot of people online I don't presume to be an expert on these things. Also you just linked to a piece in the 'corporate mainstream media' which you said were 'liars'