Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

I wonder how much Labour are regretting their opposition to PR as our electoral system if the Tories get their way and ban MPs north of the border from voting on English only matters. The current system will make a Labour government unworkable in England, even if there was a near landslide victory in a UK general election.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    I'm not a Tory supporter, but I DO agree with Cameron over English MP's voting on English matters. Until it all goes tits up then I'll back track.
    So should only women MPs vote on women's matters? And only gay MPs vote on gay issues? I'm struggling to understand this policy.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Here we go again, then.

Nicola Sturgeon to seek second referendum

If they can rerun ONE referendum because the losers don't like the result, then surely that sets a precedent to rerun TWO. I'd laugh if Theresa said Yes to a Scottish referendum on the condition that there could be a second UK Brexit referendum the very next day....

Metro headline was "Scots through a sporran in the works". Makes me think this is a country of childish berks who are stuck with the same attitudes we had in the 1950's.

Brexit was a disaster for the people in the government who called it. It blew up in their faces. After that I'd have thought we'd have been very wary of having more refernedums. But no, they're going to keep on rolling on.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I support the scots in this, as the UK government's entire argument for keeping the Union was that an Independent Scotland would have to leave the EU, but would stay in if it stayed in the UK.

You can only screw people over so many times before they really get passed off....
    Bazinga !

I think this says it all .....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't worry, Sir Humphrey's made it all perfectly clear already!