Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Another possible mystery.... is the Doctor's formula-scribbling significant do we think? I notice we started tonight with a blackboard full of stuff, and of course he'd scrawled something similar all over Vastra's floorboards in Deep Breath. Maybe that's going somewhere...?
    I hadn't completely picked up on this, but after rewatching Deep Breath last night, think this may be very relevant.

Perhaps the Doctor is trying to calculate a formula/calculation to find Gallifrey, an "impossible" place that doesn't exist in our universe. Perhaps. A machine/clockwork man that becomes human that develops a soul, a "good" Dalek, and Robin Hood, a mythical figure made true. There's definitely a theme running through these first three episodes, we'll see where it goes.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Ok, here are a few comments. After The Caretaker we know there are more than one person is in the Nethersphere. There seems to be lots of rooms. 1 each for those that find themselves here?
    I thought to get there you had to 'die' in an act of self sacrifice but in The Caretaker the police officer was just in the wrong place @ the wrong time. And yet he got there.

Also in Time Heist the Doctor was rubbing his right arm as if it ached after being hugged, is this significant?

Also that Hideous jumper! Why is he wearing such an abhorrent piece of clothing?

If he wore the red dress again, people might notice and start asking questions.

So we know very little more at this point, just that Apple have an iPad deal with The Promised Land/Heaven/Whatever.

Trying to wring some info from what we've seen....

Missy seems very pleased with Clara, after she showed she makes an 'exceptional' Doctor, and perhaps after she pushed the Doctor back into being the Doctor (with his speech at the end) who fights 'the monsters'.

The Doctor seemed unpleased with Clara because people died. The wrong people. Do those wrong people end up in the Promised Land?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I did notice that Apple iPad she was holding.

Blatent Product Placement if you ask me!

The BBC ought to be ashamed of itself
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

An Apple a day keeps the Doctor away?

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    OK - complete guess work coming up
    Paradise - is a virtual reality world, maybe even the same one that River Song ended up in at the Library. That's why clockwork droid guy is there - he's been downloaded. More dead people are going to end up there over the course of the series, then all jump back out again in the Finale.
    Missy - is a future alternative version of Clara (it was the bit about the Doctor being her boyfriend, and that his appearance had changed which seemed to echo what had been discussed with young Clara earlier in the episode)

None of this is based on any spoiler knowledge, and I actually hope that neither of these frankly Cr@p ideas turn out to be true !

Face thing - probably irrelevant.
    Still no evidence that this might not be right (even if Miss- C talks to herself via tablet) - maybe this version of Clara thinks she can do what the Doctor does AND save everyone by downloading them at the point of death.
    Bazinga !

Was there meant to be any extra meaning to River's comments towards the end of 'Time' regarding her psychic link with Clara?

So after this week's....did Maebh get the thougths from Miss, as in her teacher Clara, or were they from Miss-y? Which of course could be the same thing.

Based on this week's NEXT TIME trailer, I think that there has never been a Clara Oswald for some reason.

I hereby speculate that the resolution to this conundrum will be wholly unsatisfying and bewildering!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Based on this week's NEXT TIME trailer, I think that there has never been a Clara Oswald for some reason.
    I haven't seen that, but am thankfully none the wiser for reading that.

I hereby speculate that the resolution to this conundrum will be wholly unsatisfying and bewildering!
    That's a given.

Ah, you managed to look away during the NEXT TIME trailer, huh? Then you missed clips from next week that revealed nothing conclusive and that it all looked jolly exciting with a mango I'm just filling in gaps here Nutella, This is like Watergate and had to take the T-shirt back because could be rude! with Danny Pink!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Philip J Ludlam View Post
    If we want to vote/poll on this - I'm going for The Master.

I half hope to be proved wrong - but only if it's something better!!!
    In the end, there was nothing better.

At some point I wanted it to be The Rani.

If only so that it screwed with so many people wanting it to be The Master

That must be my perverse sense of humour coming through
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

So how did the Master change sex, then? The Doctor seemed surprised at the revelation, so I'm not so sure that it's a natural regeneration at work here. A body swap, possibly? The answer could be in that comment about souls being captured at the moment of death, and being rehoused in a new body which then feels whatever the original body feels. Possibly the Master's body is cremated and he had to find a new one, taking whatever body was available?

Now, isn't there that thing about 'Timelords recognising each other' - not quite confirmed as such, but sort of heavily implied throughout the series. Maybe changing gender confuses things?

Peter Barlow from Corrie can now be cast to play the Rani, next year.

It was a good reveal, but I felt it distracted (me) from the unfolding events with the Cybermen. I'm still not sure what their plan is, or how they carried it out. Hopefully we'll find out next week, but the Moff does have a habit of making second episodes throw a curveball....

My first thoughts had been of history repeating itself, as the Master has already stolen two bodies...Tremas and Eric Roberts paramedic character (I forget his name) in the TVM. Neither of these times could be called a traditional regeneration. What has never been explained before though is what exactly happens to the host body once the Master has taken control...it's the fact that the Doctor felt two hearts in Missy's body that throws me a bit. Does the original body, regardless of race, regenerate into a Time Lord's body? Was Missy, in fact, a Time Lady before the Master appeared? And if it's the former, I wonder what would happen if the only living being available to the Master in such circumstances was, say, a Dalek?

But then again, it may just be a dull and straight-forward sex-changing regeneration setting things up for a female Doctor next time round...

One could postulate that the Master got a new life cycle, much as the Doctor now has, when the Time Lords resurrected him in the Time War, hence Jacobi apparently regenerating into Simm as normal. Although the question of whether he became Gomez in the same way is currently unclear.

I'm getting a bit tired of the some of the stuff flying about on Facebook and elsewhere this week which is bordering on (and in one case this morning very much) transphobic and sexist.
    I'm sure they will be some sort of revelation as to how the Master came to regenerate (the episode suggested that she still has two hearts so it seems unlikely that she stole someone's body unless it was that of a Time Lady - Rani fans on standby!) but until then perhaps some people need to take a deep breath (no pun intended) and remember that it's only a TV show.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Now, isn't there that thing about 'Timelords recognising each other' - not quite confirmed as such, but sort of heavily implied throughout the series. Maybe changing gender confuses things?
    Perhaps the Master possessed a Time Lady the Doctor never met?