Default The Twin Peaks/David Lynch Thread

Can't find any dedicated threads on PS, surely this warrants one...?

“If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I've never seen it.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I'm delighted. I love the show, and it gives me a great excuse (as if any were needed) to watch my dvd boxsets of them again.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I've never seen it.
    You'll have a brand new set of 9 episodes not to see too.

According to reports, all 9 written by Lynch and Frost, and all directed by Lynch. This is amazing news for the fans.

Here's a brief Q&A with Mark Frost about it....

http://deadline.com/2014/10/twin-pea...erview-846363/
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I started watching it recently, the Syfy channel has been running it. I must admit I gave up on it after about 3 episodes, really just not my thing. But very exciting for the fans, I guess... although knowing David Lynch, he could easily produce something that disappoints or enrages the fans, as something that delights them. Fascinating news nevertheless though.

although knowing David Lynch, he could easily produce something that disappoints or enrages the fans, as something that delights them...
    His movies have become harder and harder to enjoy (I only got half way through Inland Empire), but this really looks like the dream ticket. The original series only went off the boil when Lynch & Frost went off to do other things and let others write and direct. And I can't see many of the original cast turning this down.

Kyle MacLachlan tweeted earlier...

"Better fire up that percolator and find my black suit...#TwinPeaks"
    So now we have Heroes coming back, now this, dare I hope for...(cough)...(cough)...Sapphire & Steel....

I'm beyond excited. I loved the original series to pieces and was obsessed by it for many a year, and have hoped for a long long time that Lynch might return to it one day. There's been so many rumours over the years that when twitter started going crazy on Friday I didn't really believe it could be possible, but when it was confirmed on Monday I was over the moon.

I too struggled with Inland Empire but I think Frost should reign in Lynch's crazier impulses, and bar that I've loved everything else he's done so have a lot of faith it should be great. I really hope they explore some of the elements introduced in Fire Walk With Me, too, like Phillip Jeffries, and his mysterious appearances (and disappearances), and some sort of resolution to Agent Desmond's story would be cool, too. But ultimately it's all about Coop for me. Oh, and Ed and Nadine. That silent drapes storyline must be continued!
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Bump!

New Twin Peaks Wraps, Headed For 2 Seasons (Or More?)

Last night, David Lynch and his Rancho Rosa production crew wrapped principal shooting on the new Twin Peaks. Congratulations, everyone!

April 14, 2016, was the last of 140 shooting days in Washington state and Los Angeles, both on location and on a soundstage.

At least for now.

@ForLocations, an insider account which for the past few months has tweeted solid advance information on Twin Peaks location shoots in L.A., earlier reported that production would wrap its first two seasons. Emphasizing “yes – first 2 seasons.” Maybe the new Twin Peaks won’t be a limited series after all?

And now the full cast list has been released: http://welcometotwinpeaks.com/news/t...aks-cast-list/

It's a bit spoiler-y as there's a few original cast members not returning, but most of it made me very happy indeed.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I've now seen the first four episodes of Season Three and love it beyond words. My expectations were so high but it's more than exceeded them, and Kyle Maclachlan in particular is turning in a stunning performance.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

And now it's all over.

I thought the days of TV surprising me and challenging me were long gone, but this was a stunning piece of work from start to finish. Never seen the like before and doubt I will again. Lynch saving the best (of his career) till last? Maybe.

I pray there'll be more, not for answering the unanswered, just to see more television of this calibre. It won't have been many people's cup of tea coffee, but I couldn't care less. It was never what I expected, but always more than.

Obviously heavy spoilers, but a great article here....

Interesting Theory About The Final Two Episodes

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    And now it's all over.

I thought the days of TV surprising me and challenging me were long gone, but this was a stunning piece of work from start to finish. Never seen the like before and doubt I will again. Lynch saving the best (of his career) till last? Maybe.

I pray there'll be more, not for answering the unanswered, just to see more television of this calibre. It won't have been many people's cup of tea coffee, but I couldn't care less. It was never what I expected, but always more than.

Obviously heavy spoilers, but a great article here....

Interesting Theory About The Final Two Episodes
    I loved it right up until the ending. And whilst I admire the ending, and am fascinated by all of the theories and possibilities, I'm really frustrated that for both Laura and Cooper it ended in such a bleak place whichever way you read it. This is definitely a personal reaction, and I have to admit to being quite fragile right now due to the world being the place it is, but after waiting all these years to see Cooper return only to be in a worse place than at the end of season two is heartbreaking to me. I don't think we'll get any more, either, it was a tremendous undertaking for Lynch, we've lost more of the cast since it was made, and even if it was to return I wouldn't trust Lynch not to make the ending to that even more distressing!
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Pleased to see the show doing so well in end of year lists, and Kyle Maclachlan getting an Emmy nomination, thoroughly deserved. Are me & Alex still the only people to have watched it?

No, I've watched it too.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk