Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Series 8 Unanswered Questions (S8 Spoilers)

So...

Where's Orson Pink going to come from?

There's two possibilities here - either Clara has been a little incautious in the bedroom with Danny, or the whole Orson Pink timeline has gone in the bin. Or maybe Danny will find a way to come back from the great Cyber-Nethersphere in the sky.

Although the 'She's Pregnant' answer is the most obvious one, since when has Moffat done anything obvious? (Answers in bulletpoint form please....)

What is that kid from Afghanistan going to do in London, without any friends or family? Can he even speak English?

What really happened to The Missy at the end of Death In Heaven?

Was that really the Cyber-Lethbridge-Undead-Stewart?

Will Klahhhraaarh The Impossible Girl return in 2015? Will she get a new boyf?

What else is puzzling you about Series 8?

Last edited by Philipnet; 10th Nov 2014 at 5:06 PM. Reason: Added image
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

As for where Missy is, I suspect the Doctor beamed her back to her TARDIS.

Cyber-Stewart - Well without being unfair to Mr. Courtney, a cybercorset may have been needed here...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    So...

Why the quality of it was so bad.

As that's probably not what you were asking....I still don't understand the Missy/Cyber plan. Specifically perhaps, why the Clockwork man in Deep Breath ended up in Heaven, and why the androids in Sherwood were trying to get there...
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

And why Heaven suddenly turned from a garden to that city in the sky?
    But I'm sure there was a story earlier in the year of rumours there were script problems that needed work.

Well hopefully Series 9 will have ironed out the cracks!

...good questions!

And why did we get "We chose you well" about Clara? Or did I miss that bit?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

...good questions!

And why did we get "We chose you well" about Clara? Or did I miss that bit?
    I don't think so - exactly.

We find out that the woman in the shop is Missy/The Master, but from the madness that is Missy I can't remember if they answered the question Why Clara?
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Ah! Got it! The reason Heaven turned from a garden to the city is because maybe that was when Missy started building it and that was reflected at the time?
    But then why didn't the Half-Face man make it to the modern city version of Heaven!

I still want to know what the Silence were up to, and what that TARDIS/timeship that seemed to be related to them from The Lodger was all about. I guess some things will never get answered.

- - - Updated - - -

And is this Series 8? I thought it was Series 9? Have 7 and 8 been retconned back into one series again?

Quote Originally Posted by Zbigniev Hamson View Post
    and what that TARDIS/timeship that seemed to be related to them from The Lodger was all about.
    Budget cuts.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I rewatched Deep Breath last night. It wasn't really the best plan by Missy to keep the Doctor & Clara together by sending them to Mancini's restaurant where they very nearly ended up as part of the menu.

It seems that Season 8 is unraveling the more we dissect it :-(
    Always have an Edge

It was never woven in the first place for some of us.

This thread reminds me why I left Planet Skaro and why returning is already sapping my life force - a perfectly creative question answered by the usual boring bleating of "Why it was crap" etc.

Anyway, to answer the questions-

So...

There's two possibilities here - either Clara has been a little incautious in the bedroom with Danny, or the whole Orson Pink timeline has gone in the bin. Or maybe Danny will find a way to come back from the great Cyber-Nethersphere in the sky.
    I agree with you - logically Clara is pregnant, although likely there will be a far more left-field explanation. Even if this never gets addressed, there's going to probably be a gap now before we meet Clara again... enough of one for her to have a secret baby and adopt it out?

What is that kid from Afghanistan going to do in London, without any friends or family? Can he even speak English?
    Danny told Clara to track his family down, so she will hop on a plane to Afghanistan and do some shouting "Anyone lost a boy?". Not the best holiday destination but Danny probably felt he'd died so a jaunt to a war torn country was the least she could do. Or maybe she persaudes the Doctor to take him in the TARDIS?

What really happened to The Missy at the end of Death In Heaven?
    It seemed like a sequel-hunting exist. So probably a transmat to somewhere else. I doubt the Master would finally die as easily as that.

I don't see why not...?

Si.

Well may be Clara wasn't the only girl in Danny's life? I very much doubt he was a virgin. So Clara doesn't even have to appear in the story for Danny's genes to continue.

As Si said, I don't see why not. Take it at face value and just accept it...even if you don't like it.

Will Klahhhraaarh The Impossible Girl return in 2015? Will she get a new boyf?
    No & no. We'll probably see her at Christmas but I think that's it.

How the writter Moffatt turned out such a varied series as a show runner.

If the Doctor is on UNIT's payroll, this means he has to pay taxes, which he probably never did. Does he even have an official work permit? Probably not since he never knew about his employed status. I wonder how much back pay UNIT owes him, and how much of THAT the government would take if they ever became aware of the situation. Every time the Doctor sets foot on British soil, he risks being thrown in jail for tax evasion.

Didn't the (third) Doctor say he had no use for money? Mind you, what with Bessie he probably should have submitted a P11D as a taxable benefit in kind. Not to mention, I'm sure UNIT paid for all his petrol, but he'd be obliged to treat non-work mileage as a benefit also. A definite minefield - maybe Big Finish have a 'Missing Adventure' in the works, "The Tax Inspectors of Doom" or something?

It was always stated to be an unpaid position, so there are no finances to speak of from his side of things. Any expenses paid by UNIT would be something that they'd be dealing with from a tax perspective rather than him. The expression about being on the payroll is probably just a way of saying that he's technically still employed by them, rather than that there's any money owed him.

It's more of a consultancy position if anything. So presumably he'd have to file his own tax returns if they paid him. Of course, without a birth certificate, record of employment or P45 it'd be very tricky to fulfil all the bureaucratic requirements. Then there's undeclared earnings from outside activities!

Of course, in order to have to pay tax you need to spend a certain amount of time in the U.K.

So does the Doctor qualify as being tax exempt?
    Always have an Edge

It's more of a consultancy position if anything. So presumably he'd have to file his own tax returns if they paid him.
    Which they don't and never have done, so the question is academic.

But it's fun to speculate ;-)

Seriously - well sort of - if you were The Doctor and provided consultancy services to the British Government, what sort of fee could you ask for?

Note: I'm not saying would ask for as we've ascertained that The Doctor probably wouldn't ask for anything ;-)
    Always have an Edge

"If you don't give me the kind of money Daniel Radcliffe makes, the Daleks might just win next time!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Saville View Post
    It was never woven in the first place for some of us.
    Agreed. This season more than any other was rife with plot holes you could drive a TARDIS interior through! Along with Moffatts now customary habit of starting plot threads or ideas only to forget them altogether later (though the worst of these was the whole "Amys baby is missing let's get her back - but lets have several unconnected adventures beforehand" cock up in series 6)
    Regards
    Diddy

They used to call plot hole "red herrings", we are getting "red whales". Sigh.

Plot holes a red whale could swim through...