Default MP3 player recommendations?

After over 6 years of faithful service, my trusty Creative Zen MP3 player seems to have gone to the great gig in the sky, so it's time to look for a replacement. Sadly, Creative no longer seem to make MP3 players, so I'm pretty much back to square one for what to get and which make/brand to go with.

Key things I'd be after are...
    - Large capacity - at least 16GB. My Zen was 16GB, and for the last couple of years teetered at nearly full capacity.
    - Good battery life. The Zen was originally a 24hr battery, and in later years could still manage around 15-20hrs at full charge. ~8hr batteries and the like are out.
    - Windows 7 compatibility - ideally with a decent, user firendly file transfer interface!
    - Affordability. The Zen cost me about £100 back in 2008 (plus £10 for a matching case/cover), and I'm ideally looking for a similar price now.
    - Video playback would be nice, but not necessary.

In case anyone's wondering or suggesting it, my phone also serves as an MP3 player, but I'd rather that was used as a backup - I'd rather have a dedicated MP3 player so my phone's battery doesn't keep getting spent on music instead of calls.
    We ride tornadoes. We eat tomatoes.

I'd go with a Sony. The NWZE585 is a 16GB with a good battery life (77 hours) and it's available on amazon for around £85. Treena has had the NWZE384 for the last few years, which is a 8GB and it's been really good, so the later model should be a lot better

I highly rate the Cowon/Cowon iAudio devices.
    I've most recently bought an S9, but that was a few years ago

My favourite shop is http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/ - but I always check Amazon to see if they have it cheaper.

Please remember to affiliate your purchase
    http://www.planetskaro.org.uk/conten...rt-PlanetSkaro

Thanks.
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Sorry - forgot to get back on this! In the end I went with Paul's suggestion of the Sony NWZE585, and it's serving me really well. My only criticism of it compared to my old one is that it doesn't appear to have a one-touch random album option, which was really handy when I couldn't decide which album to listen to next!
    We ride tornadoes. We eat tomatoes.