Default Lethbridge-Stewart

Well, well, well...

A new range of books is on the way from an old nemesis of Planet Skaro!

The Great Intelligence has been defeated. And Colonel Lethbridge-Stewart’s world has changed.

For Colonel Alistair Lethbridge-Stewart his life in the Scots Guard was straightforward enough; rising in the ranks through nineteen years of military service. But then his regiment was assigned to help combat the Yeti incursion in London, the robotic soldiers of an alien entity known as the Great Intelligence. For Lethbridge-Stewart, life would never be the same again.

Now he has a mammoth task ahead of him – the repopulating of London; millions of civilians need to be returned home after being evacuated so suddenly. On top of that, he also has his engagement to think about.

Meanwhile in the small Cornish village of Bledoe a man is haunted by the memory of an accident thirty years old. The Hollow Man of Remington Manor seems to have woken once more. And in Coleshill, Buckinghamshire, Mary Gore is plagued by the voice of a small boy, calling her home.

What connects these strange events to the recent Yeti incursion, and just what has it all to do with Lethbridge-Stewart?

A brand-new series of novels set just after the Doctor Who serial The Web of Fear, featuring the characters and concepts created by Mervyn Haisman & Henry Lincoln.
    What do you think? Good idea?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Certainly a good idea, it will be interesting to see what they're like.

I'm sure the author profile will take up far more pages than the actual story.

@ Ant!

It certainly sounds interesting. I've never read anything by Andy Frankham-Allen so have no idea what to expect from this first book, but I'm familiar with the works of Lance Parkin, David McIntee and Nick Walters from their various Virgin/BBC novels. It's good to see them get back into the worlds of Doctor Who again.

Should do well.

Lethbridge Stewart stories are a good idea for a gap in the market, although personally I wouldn't have gone down the Yeti route, as I don't find them especially interesting as an adversary.

Si.

I'm guessing they are because of the Haisman/ Lincoln authorisation. I would expect the Quarks in the next one

Default First one's not bad

It's an interesting enough take that I ordered the next few. I think it's a mistake to keep rehashing old adversaries (note: the Quarks are NOT in the 2nd book - they're in, I think, the 3rd). I think that's extremely limiting.

The first book feels a little bit amateur in places, but it's got some interesting ideas in it. And I really like the style of the colors.

The green used in the logo is certainly a lovely colour.

Si.