Thread: Eurovision 2015

Default Eurovision 2015

It's that time of year again and the BBC have picked us a song that they feel will bring the title home. This year, they have gone for a genre of music called Electro Swing which is popular around Europe. I've listened to this three times now and although I found I was tapping my foot, I don't like the song.

What do you think? Nil points or It's in the bag?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31769776
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

I really like it - which means it's going to fail miserably!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Of course, some cretin's eventually going to mention Australia. Now I know they're trying something different for the anniversary, and geography's never stopped Israel or Morocco from taking part, but...

It's a one-off for the anniversary and if they win, they cannot host next year as they won't be taking part.

Of course, for novelty value, they are bound to win.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Opinions are mixed over whether we will. (No change there then...)

Watching the Eurovision retrospective reunion revisited remaster or whatever it is. Brotherhood of Man! I hope he/she saved all his/her kisses for him/her/them.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Even though he/ she is now 42.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Where were Bucks Fizz? I'd have settled for Bardo..

I was surprised by some of the inclusions to be honest and thought that Bucks Fizz would have been there.

Maybe it's because Bucks Fizz don't really exist as Bucks Fizz any more- they've become two warring factions!

I thought I'd seen them as one group on something recently. I must have been wrong.

Edited to add:

Now I've Googled it, what I must be remembering is just Cheryl, Mike and Jay appearing on whatever it was I was watching.

Two versions of the group now exist; the official version which includes original member Bobby G and a three-member version who tour under the name Cheryl Baker, Mike Nolan and Jay Aston formerly of Bucks Fizz.
    Last edited by duncan; 9th Apr 2015 at 11:01 AM.

Geez, life is too short. Come on guys - RECONCILE!!

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Maybe it's because Bucks Fizz don't really exist as Bucks Fizz any more- they've become two warring factions!
    The 'renegade' Bucks Fizz and the 'Imperial' Bucks Fizz - may their shells be blighted!

I thought I heard all four on the Graham Norton show the other day, but I must admit I was only half listening.

(Hmm, that post hasn't really added anything has it - another top notch bit of work there Curnow!)

It turns out I hadn't imagined it:Making Their Mind Up?

I know the caption on that photo says Bobby, but that isn't Bobby G. It's actually Bobby McVay.

Ah, hence my confusion. Thanks Duncan!

Daftness is the reason for mine...

We have lots of alcohol and plenty of goodies to munch on and we are ready for tonight's final. After watching the semi's, Russia is my favourite so far.

Out of the six finalists? I like Australia. It's very much like a Bruno Mars style of song.

I'm no good at this Eurovision thing - I really liked Austria's entry .... but it did worse than us. We really didn't deserve to be placed so low.

Is that the first time a host country has received the dreaded Nil Points?

I announced my top four on Facebook during the interval and said that the winner would come from either Serbia, Australia, Russia or Sweden. I plumped for Russia and I thought, for a long time that I was going to be right. But, they lost points in the second half of the voting and Sweden overtook them and went on to win.

Heroes was a good song, but I preferred A Million Voices and think that Sweden were helped immensely by the very clever staging.

I thought that the UK may just scrape a top twenty placing, but that was over optimistic and once again, Europe overlooked us. I didn't think that Germany and Austria deserved nothing. There songs weren't that bad.

I really didn't like the Russia tune. I clearly am out of step with the rest of Eurovision!

I felt it was an underwhelming year too. Too many dreary ballads, not enough sunshiney pop. Not enough out there eccentricity. It was all rather safe and all rather dull.

Even Graham Norton all but said the same, didn't he? I thought Sweden were helped by the staging, good as the song was.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I felt it was an underwhelming year too. Too many dreary ballads, not enough sunshiney pop. Not enough out there eccentricity. It was all rather safe and all rather dull.
    I know! I decided to watch it and take it seriously and all I got was, well "Death By A Thousand Power Ballads"!
    Nothing to match this, and this was only from last year! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2qAvGsiCmc
    "Cross this problem off our list". That one.