Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jeremy Clarkson Fired from BBC

From the it couldn't happen to a nicer bloke department, Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended from the BBC following allegations that he punched a bloke.

Jeremy seen here with his best buddies

Jeremy said "I'm having a nice cold pint and waiting for this to blow over.". Also source close to the star, deny that Clarkson punched anyone - but that some air may have been slapped.

The BBC have decided to not show the remaining episodes of Top Gear and the future of the show is uncertain.

Sauce: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31828184

----

In further news, the BBC is putting on episodes of Last of the Summer Wine. Apparently three old geezers is top priory on a Sunday evening
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

I wonder what prompted the flying of fists? Silly man!

He's popular because he's a pr*ck and now he's been sacked for being a pr*ck. How does that work?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Well I'd sure as hell hope that our HR department suspended a member of staff if they (allegedly) punched me. Violence in the workplace is no joke.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I couldn't care. However it's a nice, timely distraction for the BBC away from more serious stories, such as BBC Head Rona Fairhead and her links to HSBC.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Or Michael Grade's allegations that the BBC's current election coverage may be somewhat biased and therefore breaking sub judice procedures.
    I know - put Clarksonin charge of the Tories, May in charge of Labour, Hamster in charge of Lib Dem, and Foggy, Compo and Nick Clegg in charge of Top Gear. Sorted!

Btw - are we allowed to say fracas?

The news reports seemed very determined to be using the word 'fracas' - presumably because it's tremendously vague if they should want to play things down later on.

On the one hand, I can't really get that worked up over yet another Clarkson story - on the other hand, though, if he genuinely has punched his producer over an argument about food then it sounds like he has very little self control so maybe it's time to call it a day.

Whether Top Gear could continue without him..... It's really the three of them that make the show, but it's hard to imagine May & Hammond wanting to carry on in the same way with a new Doctor.

I mean, a new leading man.

The timing of this is quite interesting because apparently all three of their contracts expire at the end of this month and negotiations were going well until whatever happened happened. Top Gear is a perfect storm in its current form and the idea that you could bring in three new presenters and making a sensible motoring show again is ludicrous. There already is a sensible motoring show - it's called Fifth Gear and it's in its hundredth series and no one cares about it.

I can just about see Chris Evans joining Hammond and May and making a go of it because he's got the credentials, the creativity and the charisma to make something good but it's unlikely.

But the thing is that I've no bothered watching this series beyond the first couple. I've watched it religiously for years and it has always been really good entertainment that is what it is (and if you don't like that, don't watch it) but it's finally become tired and repetitive. The spark has gone and I don't think it'll come back. Maybe it'll be best if they leave the BBC and go somewhere else to do something similar. Maybe a series of exotic road trips on ITV or crazy races on Channel 4. Get some new blood into the production office with new ideas that play to their strengths rather than just rehashing old gimmicks.

For all the -isms that left wing bigots throw at a programme they presumably only watch in carefully edited, context free 10 second clips on websites that conform exclusively to their narrow world view, my mother and my neice like this 'sexist' show, people in 150 countries like this 'xenophobic' show and five million British people watch this car show that would be 'much better' if it had more sensible cars in it. Whatever did or didn't happen on that location shoot should determine his fate not the loud Twitter posters who long ago decided to hate him. Especially as their celebrations at his fall won't stop him making a tonne of cash whatever happens. It might be better for them that he stays within the Top Gear format rather than becoming a Katy Hopkins style gob-for-cash trying to smash his way into the headlines every few months.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Nice to hear from a fan of the show. I generally enjoy Top Gear when it's on... it's always on... but it always seems to be the same episode. You know, the one where they have to make a car and James' catches fire and Richard's is a bit rubbish and Jeremy laughs at it and Jeremy wins by default and on that bombshell, they run out of steam, let's go back to the studio and all the girls are at the front and the fat old men are at the back how did that happen? Shit is that Cameron Diaz driving a Fiat Punto?

There are a lot of articles saying how evil he is which is a bit unfair. He doesn't appear to have any particular talent apart from being lucky. What does Clarkson do well? It's impossible to say, but it probably takes tremendous skill to develop just the right amount of twattitude to remain popular.

Top Gear was just this century's answer to The Goodies, wasn't it? Hmm.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Clarkson, Clarkson, Clarkson, Clarkson, ****ing Clarkson!
    Sky News was on at work yesterday (not my choice) and they devoted the first 20 minutes of the program to this non-story. I mean who REALLY gives a shit?
    Why is everyone so agog when some celebrity twat does something. They even spent a few minutes looking at the tweets he got.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Top Gear was just this century's answer to The Goodies, wasn't it? Hmm.
    The Goodies was watchable...

Left-wings bigots FFS

Your point?

Bigot -
    a prejudiced person who is intolerant of any opinions differing from his own

The closed minded left is just as capable of bigotry as the closed minded right.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Oh right criticizing Clarkson for being an arrogant bore is an example of being a bigot well I think he's an arrogant bore so I must be a bigot then

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...r-nigel-farage

Sums a lot about how I feel about Clarkson.

Clarkson Fired from BBC

Jeremy Clarkson's contract will not be renewed after a physical altercation with a producer, the BBC's director general Tony Hall has said.

Lord Hall said he had "not taken this decision lightly" and recognised it would "divide opinion".
    However, he added "a line has been crossed" and he "cannot condone what has happened on this occasion".

More: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32052736
    Always have an Edge

Well, that's what you get if you punch a work colleague. Seems fair to me, whatever his talents.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I found him odious in the extreme. He'll probably get a highly paid job on Sky

He could do a double act with Piers Morgan.

We'll see who punches whom first! Introduce Piers ' friend Kevin Pietersen and we'll have the show of the century!

Btw, did we ever establish whether we can say fracas? And what's the plural of fracas?

The plural is both fracases & fracas as far as I know. And yes, it's not a four letter word so you can use it.

Well, when people start going on about Clarkson having a fracas with someone...

Although if it's anything to do with Clarkson then would be better termed a Frac-Arse.

Fracas is a French car isn't it?

So Clarkson got sacked for punching a Citroen Fracas...? Lie-down in darkened room required!

Jeremy Clarkson is to appear again on stage with Richard Hammond and James May in:
    Clarkson, Hammond and May Live

A deal has been done to fulfil a series of live shows that were planned before the presenter was dropped from the show for hitting a producer.

The gigs will be stripped of all BBC branding and content and will be called:
    Clarkson, Hammond and May Live.
    The first live show will take place in Belfast on 22 May.
    BBC Worldwide said it had agreed the tour could continue "so as to not disappoint fans".
    A spokesman called it "a sensible approach in the circumstances".
    Thousands of people around the world had already bought tickets.
    A spokesman for Brand Events, who are co-producing the shows, said they wanted to thank "ticket holders for their continued patience".

"The fans are the most important people to Jeremy, Richard and James so we're delighted to be able to say 'we're still coming'. We're sure it'll be something you won't want to miss."

More: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32137424
    Always have an Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Philip J Ludlam View Post
    "We're sure it'll be something you won't want to miss."
    Funny you should say that...

Well, Matey's returned to flaunting his column in the Sun - steering column Timothy! - so rest assured he's still fracasing about somewhere...