Default Frank Zappa's Final ONE HUNDREDTH Album "Dance Me This" -June 2015

Firstly, I'd like to acknowledge my brother as a far, far bigger Zappahead than I am.
    I got a lot of Zappa's material second hand. And his back catalogue is so sprawling it's hard to know what to pick.
    I did love the maxi-CD of "Lather" (Made up of two or three 70's albums).
    And now, recorded before his 1993 death, his 100th studio album of original material!
    "Dance Me This".

"Dance Me This, the last album Frank Zappa recorded before his death in 1993, will be finally released in 2015. Joining his extensive discography – which begins with 1966’s Freak Out and includes approximately 100 releases – the album gets a release date of 1 June.

Despite news of the long-anticipated album initially emerging on April Fool’s Day on Zappa’s website, the post still remains online with a pre-order link and a message that urges fans to “Tap your foot algorithmically to this!”

Frank Zappa died of prostate cancer in December 1993, aged 52. Speaking with Guitarist Magazine before his death, he explained that he was working on a new album, describing it as “a Synclavier album called Dance Me This, which is designed to be used by modern dance groups. It’s probably not going to come out until next year.”

The Zappa estate has released a number of posthumous albums by the artist over the past decade. Rumours of Dance Me This’s release have been circulating for some time, and it is said that promo cassettes for his final album surfaced in 2004, even though the record never got an official release.

According to JamBase, an email from Zappa’s family describes Dance Me This as “the last title FZ finished in 1993 along with Trance-Fusion; the last chapter in his Master Work, Civilization, Phase III; and of course, The Rage & The Fury, The Music of Edgard Varèse.”

Dance Me This is cited as Zappa’s 100th album, with titles including Pachuco Gavotte, Goat Polo and five movements of Wolf Harbor."

http://www.theguardian.com/music/201...this-june-2015

I think I might have to check with Spotify for a Frank Zappa Time Team, but we'd never survive or have the time for it!
    Might be worth only getting one then may as well get this album.

Despite the titles, I'm expecting it to be mainly instrumental, but you never know!

Zappa's intended final musical word (Or note).

Colour me interested!

I did have a Zappa phase when I was younger, but it never really carried over. Thing is, he's a clever musician but I always find that his stuff is too satirical and kind of lacks passion. There's always a sarcasm tied to it which I find offputting these days.

We'd never survive a Zappa time team! One sentence per album would be more than enough!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I'm deeply suspicious of an album finished in 1993 and not released for another 22 years! If it was only half decent his death/increased legacy would have ensured it's release long ago, surely?

Why did it take so long?

Si.

Zappa had a vault stuffed with tapes and recordings, all meticulously labelled etc... plus he had a notoriously poor relationship with the labels. But 22 years?

Then again, it's hard to see this as a cash-in as a new release from Zappa is hardly likely to bother the charts or yield a listenable single.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I found this site looking for the exact date in June it's released. It's not on Amazon or the others yet. http://globalia.net/donlope/fz/notes/Dance_Me_This.html

This is what the tracklist is and seems to be an answer to Rob and Si's posts and comments!

Dance Me This -

Dance Me This
    Pachuco Gavotte
    Wolf Harbor Movement I
    Wolf Harbor Movement II
    Wolf Harbor Movement III
    Wolf Harbor Movement IV
    Wolf Harbor Movement V
    Goat Polo
    Rykoniki
    Piano
    Calculus

I never got to listen to Trance_Fusion and it's not even confirmed if that's the final tracklisting. For all his other song titles, this seems quite final and so simple.

Hmm. Interesting. Good/insane song titles.

Is "Goat Polo" about a Goat that plays Polo?

Has Prince Charles ever had a song written about him before?

Si.

Ears like his? you're thinking of Jumbo Polo! His dad's the bad-tempered old goat.