Here's Tim's list.

Thoughts?

1. Lawrence Scarman (Pyramids Of Mars). I can't fault the poor guy for being concerned about his brother, Marcus. The most tragic thing is that Lawrence almost reached what Marcus, before Sutekh reasserted control. Was Marcus aware that he was murdering his brother (Sutekh would be cruel enough to do something like that). Still, Lawrence was a good man, and he should have survived.

2. Scorby (Seeds Of Doom). One might be surprised to find this character on my list, because he was a thug, who worked for Chase. However, when he realizes what is truly going on, that all of humanity is in danger, he quickly joins the Doctor's side.

3. Vince Hawkins (Horror Of Fang Rock). The inspiration for this list. Vince was a very likable character, and one can really bond with him. Yes, he took a bribe, but come on, it was only to send a message, not to murder someone. Terrence Dicks should have let him live. Someone should have been left to tell the tale of how the Doctor saved the Earth from the Rutans.

4. Thea Ransome (Image Of The Fendahl). The poor woman didn't become the Fendaleen Priestess by choice, Stael and his goons saw to that. While they all did get their comeuppance, the Doctor should have found a way to save Thea too.

5. Aunt Vanessa (Logopolis) Another death that didn't need to happen. She was no threat to the Master, so why did he kill her?

5. Professor Kyle (Earthshock). Did they really need to kill this poor women, considering what she had already gone through? Couldn't she have been one of them that survived in the end.

Mind you, this was during the reign of Eric "Body Count" Saward, when this happened a lot.

6. Most of the guest characters in Warriors Of The Deep. I was not sorry that the two sniveling traitors died, but most of the other characters should have been spared. As I have said, this has Saward's fingerprints all over it, even though Johnny Byrne is credited as writing it.

7. Oscar Botcherby (The Two Doctors). They didn't need to kill this poor bloke either. Couldn't Shockeye have just knocked him out.

So, do you agree with this list? Or do you have any characters you want to add to it? Go for it.