There have been discussions of the Nathan Drake "Uncharted" PS3 series on this forum.
Mainly in the "What Game Have You Been Playing" threads. Well 7th of October looks like an early Christmas present!

Sony PlayStation, making the consoles of tomorrow to make you buy the games from yesterday!

Sony has announced Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection will be available on October 7 in Europe and October 9 in North America.

The bundle, which brings together Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception in one collection on PS4, has been created in order to prep people for the release of Uncharted 4: A Thief's End next year. Only the single-player campaigns of the titles will be available.

Sony has also confirmed anyone who buys The Nathan Drake Collection will get access to the Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta later this year.

Remastered by Bluepoint Games, expect new achievements along with 1080p graphics at 60 fps, and better lighting, textures, and models. Gameplay improvements are also on the way, with an announcement on that front coming soon.

Anyone who pre-orders the game will get the Nathan Drake Pack, which includes single-player skins, the Golden AK-47 and Golden 92FS guns. If you pre-order the digital download via the PlayStation Store, you will also get an Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection PS4 dynamic theme.

The news confirms rumours that have circulated for some time, along with a leak this morning and a tweet from Neil Druckmann.
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/06/0...h-release-date

Still not got a PS4, but if I had one, I would only touch this game above anything else! (So no point getting one anyway given I don't like having it on all the time and don't enjoy the multiplayer!)

But for anyone else, all three Uncharted games that you use on your PS3 onto one disc.
And when (Even after the patches) my PS3 games occasionally shudder and glitch, I can have my humiliation increased by knowing the PS4 can handle the computations far more efficiently!