Default Most Overrated Albums

Which albums do you think are overrated? The albums which are loved and praised often by critics and fans alike, but which leave you cold?

My first choice would be the Beatles Sgt Pepper album. I've never understood what people find so great about this one...it isn't that I dislike the album and I'll agree that it has loads of good songs on it, but quite simply none of them would make it onto a Beatles playlist if I was compiling one for my iPod. They recorded many more enjoyable songs over the course of their career. Granted, it boasts a classic cover and it's a much more experimental and ground-breaking recording to their previous efforts which in turn influenced/inspired other artists to raise their game; but when it comes to the songs themselves there are really only two or three which are above average, imo.

Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds would be at the very top of my Beatles playlist, but I'd agree that the rest of the album isn't all that great, and settles around the OK mark.

Adele's albums 19 & 21. A couple of the singles released are good but the rest of the tracks are, to me, just bog standard album fillers.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Resounding agreement re Sgt Pepper. Or indeed any Beatles album after 1966. Especially The White Album. 3/4 of which is utterly banal.

I'll come back with some more later.

Yes, the White Album - if there's one recording with Contractual Obligation written over it... How would the likes of Wild Pie, Why don't we Do It In the Road, Revolution 9 and Bungalow Bill get released/allowed to escape otherwise?

A couple of nineties albums which I find overrated...OK Computer by Radiohead and Nevermind by Nirvana. Almost universally loved, apparently, but I just can't get into them at all.

I'm one of those who loves Nirvana's Nevermind.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk