Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default No full season in 2016?

Well, Private Eye seem to think there won't be... http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-w...series-in-2016

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

It's an outrage! Jenna Coleman isn't getting any younger, she'll be 75 by the time the show's back on.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

And she's already the world's hottest 60-year-old!

The rumour now is that it will be 3 specials, and Moffat will leave at the end of them with a new production team then brought in. No idea if it's true or not but apparently the beeb are making an announcement Friday lunchtime.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

We'll see.

Why doesn't he leave now so a new production team comes in and gives us a full series next year?

Didn't seem to be an announcement today. Ah well.

It's starting to look as though Lord Gnome's just trying to stir things again...

Maybe they've read this thread!

BBC may scrap Doctor Who series in favour of feature-length specials due to 'crisis period'

With dwindling viewing figures and a changing cast list, the programme could be about to undergo a massive shift

Worried BBC chiefs are considering scrapping next year’s series of Doctor Who and screening feature-length specials instead.

The legendary sci-fi drama – starring Peter Capaldi as the Time Lord and Jenna Coleman as his companion Clara Oswald – is the Beeb’s biggest-selling *programme overseas, earning an estimated £60million a year.

But the cult show has hit a crisis period. Viewing figures have plunged below four million.

But a teenage Doctor Who spinoff series has been announced
    Coleman is leaving and Capaldi may do the same to spend more time with his family. Now BBC executives are discussing a range of ways to revive their cash cow.

Last week they announced a spin-off series, Class, aimed at teenagers, to try to find a new army of Doctor Who fans.

Sources say they are also *weighing up the drastic step of *axeing the 12-series run planned for 2016. Instead they would film a couple of Sherlock-style *feature-length *specials plus a Christmas episode.

A BBC source admitted: “Doctor Who’s decline is very worrying and needs to be addressed. At this stage all options are being *considered.

“Everyone accepts that drastic action may be needed.”

Another plan under *consideration is rebooting Doctor Who with a new cast in 2017. Game of Thrones and Lady Chatterley star Richard Madden tops the wish list – *although BBC1 controller Charlotte Moore has not ruled out introducing a female Doctor Who.

A BBC spokesman said: “We are only three weeks into this year’s run. It is far too early to discuss next year’s commission.”
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/b...series-6567112

Nobody is allowed to yell "We're DOOOOOMED!" until next week, all right?

On a serious note, I was wondering last night if the rugby world cup, and now more importantly England's being knocked out, might have some effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    On a serious note, I was wondering last night if the rugby world cup, and now more importantly England's being knocked out, might have some effect?
    I hope so, as despite the first few episodes being a bit wobbly (For me anyway) the quality has improved since last year and it'll be the loss of the people who seemingly abandoned the show to have missed this series.

Next episode could be 25 December 2015 - then let's have a new series from, say mid January 2017. It would certainly brighten up the early part of 2017 if we're to miss out this year. I'm not at all excited by The Class which is due sometime.
    A pot of coffee, 12 jammie dodgers and a fez...

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Curnow View Post
    Next episode could be 25 December 2015 ...
    I'm sure you meant 2016, but the point is taken. An earlier start to the new series would be better but I doubt they will & it'll probably be November 2017...oh the time will drag.

I hope this is all a smoke screen and there is going to be a new series, even if it is another run of specials a la Tennant.

This is the last we heard:

"We’re making a full series. I can confirm that," said Moffat. "I’m making a full series of 12 episodes, plus a Christmas special. I don’t know when it goes out. That’s up to someone else."

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2015-...-who-next-year

But if production doesn't start until April, as is rumoured, I can't see how it will be ready until December at the earliest.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

And Capaldi has said that Series 10 might be his last!

Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

No real surprise there.

I still feel quietly confident he'd be easily persuaded to do a fourth (as long as any new showrunner doesn't want to cast their own lead straightaway)

,Maybe new show runner would like to keep Peter for another series. Nobody is very forthcoming on what is happening. Isn't Moffat filming Sherlock 4 soon?

Sent from my Trio AXS using Tapatalk

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-...chris-chibnall

Nothing until 2017. Ah, but what state will the planet be by then!

Well, well, well. It's going to be a long year.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Well, well, well. It's going to be a long year.
    Ah but we'll have "Class"!
    That's... Er...

I don't know if Chibnall is a good choice. His episodes are average at best... But he has a populist touch, so there's a possibility he'll do something decent. If nothing else, the show needs a fresh approach and that will be coming.

I'll admit his 42 & Silurian story weren't anything too special - nothing wrong with them, but nothing 'stand out'. Power of Three was pretty good, except for the naff tying up of the plot; and Dinosaurs on a Spaceship is one of my favourite episodes... so quite the mixed bag.

At least it's nice to have it confirmed - I haven't the energy to go on Gallifrey Base, but I'm sure there's outrage at 'no' Who in 2016.... but actually I don't think by now it should surprise anybody, and at least now we know. Moffat has done extraordinary things, but as always there comes a point where the show just needs a change, so I'm glad it's confirmed that he's finishing with the next season, and hopefully Chibnall is now up to the job!

Keep Capaldi for a bit longer! He's just getting started. He's just getting started!!