Default Don't Pack Those Winter Woolies Away Just Yet

Apparently there is more snow on the way over the next few days for most of the UK according to a news article on the net

I thought all this lovely spring sunshine was too good to last

So if you are out and about this weekend remember to wrap up warm
    'Steed is one of my most valuable subjects he's too valuable to lose'

Every year we get a better-worse-better kind of trough with our weather about now. However, I don't think there is much in this. Yesterday we were apparently getting heavy snow on Sunday, but the forecast this morning reckoned we wouldn't get much at all, and it would all be in the North.

Si.

That post was really dull wasn't it?

Si.

I hope our new Big Finish play arrives in time for the snow, as it features a character called Major Chillingtons
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I suppose by tomorrow the forecasters will have changed their minds again and we will all be basking in glorious sunshine over the next few days with no mention of any snow

We never seem to know whether we are coming or going with the weather forecasts do we

That's because they're crap.

The weather forcasts are so difficult to understand as they blather on about fronts and pressure regions and what have you. If you actually listen, they tell you very listen and are also deliberately vague to hedge their bets.

Michael Fish today denies that he told everyone there wouldn't be a hurricane just before the infamous storms of the late eighties, but he did. It's there for all to see.

Si.

We're forecast some snow for Sunday night/Monday morning. Even though it's a lovely day here now at the top of the park where I take the dog you can actually detect a change in the air.

I agree with you there Si they are crap

Michael Fish was a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Morgan View Post
    We're forecast some snow for Sunday night/Monday morning. Even though it's a lovely day here now at the top of the park where I take the dog you can actually detect a change in the air.

It seems to have turned a little bit colder here too

The news said this morning that American scientists have said that the last winter was the warmest since records began. I can believe it too, but this is still no evidence that global warming is due to industrialisation apparently. Its just coincidence that we've had warmer & warmer winters in the last 100 years or so.

That's interesting

I know a lot of people think that Global Warming is a load of rubbish but all these scientists keep harping on about it

Michael Fish today denies that he told everyone there wouldn't be a hurricane just before the infamous storms of the late eighties, but he did. It's there for all to see.
    Really? That's madness, I mean that clip turns up on tv in those 100 most...listings programmes a fair amount. I used to have it on video by accident for a while, as it was on just before an episode of something I taped (Blackadder 2 I think), it was always fun to watch.

But yeah, anyhoo, weathermen are rubbish. The amount of times they get it wrong is ridiculous. And I still haven't forgiven them for predicting that Glastonbury 2005 would take place in the middle of a 2 week heatwave, only for it to have flash floods the morning of the first day.

My Stepdad was a (amateur and then later a sort of professional) weatherman, and he had a log of what the weather was like from about the age of 12, and he thought it all went in patterns, but his success rate was about the same as the met office. Though he always did predict the last two weeks in August would be nice, and that's when we'd go away on holiday, and they always seemed to be until I was about 16 when it poured down one holiday...

I know a lot of people think that Global Warming is a load of rubbish but all these scientists keep harping on about it
    Hmmm, I don't know about that. I've read a lot of very convincing articles from some of the best minds in the world which suggest it is happening. It's quite possibly not just due to what we've done to the environment, but personally I do think it is taking place.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

i never take much notice of the weather forcast..

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Very wise

Quote Originally Posted by Thasc View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Larry
    Very wise
    Its not wisdom, he's just apathetic!

It turned grey and chilly nip-nops here this afternoon. I remember it being cold the weekend of "Rose" towards the end of March two years ago so I'm not surprised the wolves of winter are circling once more.

Let's not forget that we have been spoilt over the last couple of weeks - it's still winter (spring starts on Wednesday 21st which is halfway between the shortest day and the longest day) and the daytime average is around 10C for this time of the year.

Captain Tancredi Guest

We've just had a minor blizzard here which seems to be petering out.

Wayne Guest

We've had usual schizo weather. Sleet & hail one minute - Bright & sunny the next.

Yeah, the sky here darkened dramatically earlier this afternoon, followed by a severe hailstorm (glad I wasn't out in it!) and then a lovely blue sky and sunshine within minutes!

I shall be wearing a jumper to work tomorrow morning methinks - it'll be cold at 7.45am!

That's weird! I live right in between you both & & we've had Sunshine all day. Not a cloud in sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Tancredi View Post
    We've just had a minor blizzard here which seems to be petering out.

well i've been watching the Everton v Arsenal, game on Sky and the last 5 or 10 minutes was played in what looked like a blizzard of hail stones..