Default Is the Daniel Craig era over for Bond?

Having equalled Brosnan's run, and eclipsed Dalton and Lazenby, has he already filmed his last Bond film...or is he just staring negotiations for a return?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/enterta...niel-craig-doe...

The link above is an edited version of the print edition, in which he commented on how he wouldn't like his version of the character to become too old, and how gruelling a filming schedule it was for his age.

...Spectre may be his last movie.
    Asked if he would do another, he replied: “At this moment, no. But we’ll see...
    Given the comment in the article about how his Bond in Spectre is completely different from his previous films, I'm wondering if we are now going to see the finished article, a Bond easily recognisable as the same character played by his predecessors. Which may be a natural time for him to bow out...

....but as he says, the series has made him a wealthy man so why not come back for more if the offer is right?

Daniel Craig has quit the role. At least according to his friend & actor Mark Strong.

They'll reel him in. With Daniel Craig as Bond, the franchise has made more money than could possibly be imagined.

Or - better - would be a Q spin-off movie starring Ben Whishaw. I'd lap that right up.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by MacNimon View Post
    ....but as he says, the series has made him a wealthy man
    What! No, get rid if him, it's Ebenezer Wallis' turn! HAHAHAHA!

It's pretty certain that Craig won't be back - but only pretty certain! He could be holding out for more money, of course.

He's tired of playing Bond. But would he come back for a 90-minute Roger Moore-style romp though?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Let someone else have a go. He's a great Bond but the way he is heard grumbling about how he never wants to do it again after every film leaves you thinking they should give it to someone pleased to grasp the opportunity and be a better ambassador for the franchise.

Si.

But then if the older films were as physical as the Craig films (As well as the reports of him grumbling, there were also reports of injuries in fight scenes) would Sean or Roger have stayed as long as they did?
    Daniel Craig was quite good as Bond, but a full on comedy film wouldn't have harmed the franchise!

Carry On Thunderball...?

Well there's talk of one and a half hours out of three movies comedy at least Austin Powers possibly coming back for a fourth film (Don't be a fool, Myers! "The Love Guru" was your inescapable Epitaph and you know it!!) and even without going that far, a lighter Craig Bond movie might be a more fitting farewell than grit,gloom,mood,angst,fight we've had with the last two.