View Poll Results: How would you rate The Girl Who Died?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10: The Girl Who Was Death

1 11.11%
  • 9: The Girl from AUNTIE

1 11.11%
  • 8: Girl on a Motorcycle

1 11.11%
  • 7: Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

1 11.11%
  • 6: The Girl on the Train

3 33.33%
  • 5: The Girl Next Door

1 11.11%
  • 4: The Girl With All The Gifts

1 11.11%
  • 3: Girl with the Pearl Earring

0 0%
  • 2: Girly Girl

0 0%
  • 1: Girl Meets World

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    Because if he did it every week he'd soon run out of regenerations again? Actually, as an aside, when he did it to River Song (as 'twere) in The Angels Take Manhatten, I wonder where he got the regenerative energy from, given he'd used up all his available regens at that time. Hmm...
    That's like asking why he started regenerating at the beginning of The Impossible Astronaut, or why he threatened to regenerate himself when fighting the Cyber Implant
    Or why, when he visited his "grave" on Trenzalore, he told Clara the energy ribbon contained his future selves.

But we are now

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    That's like asking why he started regenerating at the beginning of The Impossible Astronaut, or why he threatened to regenerate himself when fighting the Cyber Implant
    Or why, when he visited his "grave" on Trenzalore, he told Clara the energy ribbon contained his future selves.
    This being the point at which we found out about the War Doctor, thus bringing the number of Doctors up to thirteen - since I'd largely nodded off at the point they'd mentioned the future doctors in the ribbon thanks to the prescence of bloody River Song, I'll let you have that one.

That's like asking why he started regenerating at the beginning of The Impossible Astronaut...
    *He* didn't, did he? It was the Teselecta, wasn't it?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Yes, but they scanned him to make an exact replica. The scan wouldn't have found any submerged regeneration energy to replicate.

It would have been the Doctor operating it, so I don't think it's a particularly unreasonable stretch of the imagination to infer that he may simply have programmed it to simulate the beginnings of one before it collapsed. It would have had energy sources of its own that he could have harnessed and, if it could change its appearance, then making a yellow glow appear around it for a few seconds probably wouldn't be much of an ask.

Why though, this -
    Yes, but they scanned him to make an exact replica. The scan wouldn't have found any submerged regeneration energy to replicate.
    - being my original point; namely he'd used up all his regenerations at this point - unless Moffat hadn't made a definate decision about the war Doctor yet, his only logical copout, I feel - and he hadn't received his current set of regens yet.

We enjoy arguing about any old rubbish, we Doctor Who fans...