View Poll Results: How would you rate The Woman Who Lived?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

2 25.00%

1 12.50%

1 12.50%

2 25.00%

2 25.00%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

Default Rate and Discuss: The Woman Who Lived.

Sorry I'm a a bit late. What did you make of last night's episode?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I enjoyed that far more than last week's effort. There was some cracking scenes between Capaldi and Williams that made the whole two part thing worthwhile. The discussion of what immortality (or at least living a long time) does to you was interesting, and far better handled here than it ever was with Captain Jack (nice to hear him referenced too!). Capaldi was superb throughout.

I liked the constant delicate line treading between tragedy and farce throughout too. That's tricky to pull off, but it sort of worked here I think. The scenes at the gallows were good fun, if somewhat reminiscent of The Shakespeare Code. Rufus Hound was great fun- I hope we'll see him again!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

That was excellent. A thought-provoking piece of sci-fi and a celebration of life against cynicism. Good episode.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I'm pretty sure I enjoyed it. I know it's probably not really the point, but the 'lion creature' wasn't the most convincing alien make up we've ever seen, but otherwise enjoyable enough.

Capaldi was very good, and very very 'Tom-like' at times I thought. And although I'm not that big a fan, Rufus Hound was very good in this - there was something very credible about him, especially in the gallows scene.

I enjoyed it too - I didn't realise that was Rufus Hound! Well it's pretty clear by now that The Doctor is a most (THE most?) dangerous person to know. He will wreck your life - keep away from him. I'm now longing for a story where he meets someone and they have a right laugh together whilst going on a cracking adventure. Maybe we'll get that post-Clara

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I pretty much echo what Mr Hart said. I'm really enjoying this series so far. In my view it's the best series for a few years. I'm really liking Capaldi, especially this year. The slower pacing really suits me too.

Nice to see the Tereleptils getting a mention! But please please please - drop the guitar stuff and the sonic sunglasses.

An unusual but enjoyable episode!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyder View Post
    I'm now longing for a story where he meets someone and they have a right laugh together whilst going on a cracking adventure. Maybe we'll get that post-Clara
    That would be nice...

I'm not quite sure what to make of this episode, since I enjoyed the discussion about the effects the Doctor has on people somewhat, although it usually gets in the way of telling a story, and that's been done a few times now at the series' detriment IMHO. I'm glad Clara was rested for an episode, but I would've liked the ending to have been less drawn out and far less obvious.

I enjoyed that, although the outcome for Maisie Williams character was obvious all the way through the episode. It would hve been a bigger twist to have her remain a unfeeling, cold-hearted villain rather than finally remembering who she actually was. An interesting story over the two episodes though, looking at the consequences of the Doctor's actions after he's left and how someone would deal with immortality. I wonder how much of your life you would actually remember if you lived 800 years?

It was a little bit slow at times though, imo. The exact opposite from Under The Lake (a great story with rather bland supporting characters) in which this concentrated on characterisation with the action playing second fiddle. It would be nice to see this level of characterisation in a faster paced story as well...I suppose it's asking a bit much for both at the same tme, though!

I think that's been one of the main problems for me with New Who (forgive me for repeating myself!) - the fine line between character development and plot; it's been a struggle for them to have both at once IMHO.

It was a good episode and the consequences of being immortal were well dealt with, although as someone pointed out, why didn't she give one of her babies the other immortality fix? My one complaint is that this season seems to have been graded down so the whole thing feels very grey and washed out. It consequently feels like a very drab season visually and I wish they'd brighten it up a bit.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    It was a good episode and the consequences of being immortal were well dealt with, although as someone pointed out, why didn't she give one of her babies the other immortality fix? My one complaint is that this season seems to have been graded down so the whole thing feels very grey and washed out. It consequently feels like a very drab season visually and I wish they'd brighten it up a bit.

Si.
    I doubt a mother would be able to choose one of three children to save via the immortality chip, leaving the other two to die.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Also it seems to stop you from growing older, so the baby would have remained a baby for centuries, which wouldn't be fun.

I only rated the episode 5/10, it wasn't terrible by any means but certain aspects of it really bothered me (William's ability to not only sound like a man, but also look like one who was obviously a lot taller, the really rubbish lion man make up) and some of the talky stuff dragged on for way too long. I thought it was also shoddily directed in places (the cut from them being on top of the roof at night to walking through the woods in daylight especially) and after having seen the sky torn apart and fireballs destroying the area, I'm surprised the villagers weren't angry / scared by events, rather than simply relieved it was all over.

Capaldi was great again though, and it being Jenna-lite was a bonus, but this was the first episode of the series that I didn't really enjoy that much.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I preferred this episode to last weeks. In fact this was the best of the season so far for me.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

5 out of 10.

Pretty much what Alex said.