Default The Great Movie Poster Thread

Here's the first of my two new image threads...the sci-fi one will start next week. But for now, here's an appreciation thread for all those great old movie posters, many of which were works of art in their own right. It will cover posters from all eras and genres, from the silent era right up to the modern day. So if anyone has any favourite movie posters, feel free to share them here!

I'll start off with something pretty topical at the moment, Star Wars, but will take you back to the original set of posters from 1977...

Next up, we'll stay pretty topical and seasonal with a selection of great Christmas posters from years gone by...

Great idea for a thread, Mac!

The first two Star Wars ones are so 'iconic' (I know it's an overused word nowadays, but I think it just about applies here) even if the first one, which is probably the most memorable at all, doesn't even feature Han Solo!! I'm curious, though, why there are so many and varied Star Wars posters - was it simply that 'branding' as we know it today wasn't such a thing back then?

I was always haunted by the movie poster for "Being There" in the 80's but I think I'm mis-remembering.
    I remember a picture of a smiling man lifting a bowler hat to show all sorts of gears turning.
    But after a quick search I can only find a poster of Peter Sellers with his back turned to the camera floating above the ground.
    What the hell did I actually see?

I've done a search using your description and drew a blank as well, Dino. I've no idea what you're thinking of, but here are 3 different posters I came across for Being There. Perhaps you're thinking of the one where he apparently has a tree in his body?

Here's 3 generations of Mummy movies including 2 different ones for Karloff's 1932 version...

A few classic war movies today...