Roger Moore married to Catherine Schell? Was it based on a true story?

Department S - Who Plays The Dummy?
Basically the same as The Double Death of Charlie Crippen, although this one came first.

There's a ludicrous plot involving Spain, remote-controlled cars, explosives, dummies and a NATO convoy. Behind it all is a man who liked Guildford so much that he changed his name - to Gilford.

The gang are in the coldest part of Spain, the part that looks most like Ivinghoe or Dunstable Downs, when a car is being chased by a police motorcycle. After a dramatic chase the car runs off the road! And explodes! The Policeman goes to look! And the driver is a DUMMY!!! Could this be a case for Department S? Well it looked like they were doing f*** all else in Spain.

Stuart and Jason race into action while Annabelle stays at home not doing very much. They're helped by Chief of Spanish Police, Sarrat - played by George Pastell (Eric Kleig from Tomb of The Cybermen) WHO WAS IN IT LAST BLOOMING WEEK! This time he's in a freakishly convincing wig. I mean, it's absolutely outstanding. A wig to be reckoned with.

The Spanish Police aren't terribly helpful, but Dept S manage to work out the remote control car link. So they head to a racetrack in England where they'd been testing remote controlled cars. Here they meet the sinister Mr Gilford who tells them that they have abandoned the field of remote-controlled cars as it has no practical application.

Sir Curtis turns up at a hotel, on the way to another party / soiree. He tells them that he's tied up with totally unrelated NATO business that in no way will have anything to do with the case that Dept S are on.

So Stewart and Jason sneak back at night and find out that yes, they've got loads of remote controlled car stuff and (if that wasn't enough) a big map of Spain with the location of the exploding car marked with a circle. The villains turn up and shoot Jason in the leg (Tis but a scratch). I think they kidnap Stuart here too, but he's so bland I can't quite remember.

Jason goes to a bar in Spain, I think they found a book of matches or something? He chats up Spanish Kate O'Mara (oh come on, she's only the blinking Rani!). I got totally distracted at this point because the Spanish Guitar music playing in the background was EXACTLY THE SAME AS LAST WEEK. From the Costa Del Sol to Madrid, there is only one piece of Spanish Guitar music that wafts across the entire country like an Atlantic breeze.

I did catch the end of their conversation though. Jason says: "Oh really. We must meet up tomorrow and then you can show me your Madrid." Which is about as forward as it gets.

Uh. Kate O'Mara is in league with the villains or something and they threaten to kidnap Jason. Fortunately Annabelle arrives pretending to be with a huge party of school girls. It's just a ruse and she rescues Jason.

They track down the villains, there's another car chase. Only Stuart is strapped to the wheel of the remote controlled car which is destined to crash into a NATO convoy and explode! His only company is a group of 3 dummies. Jason and Annabelle get trapped in a remote controlled car and have to smash the windscreen to escape, but it's all sorted out eventually. Though Gilford seems to get away in his helicopter.

There was a lot of action in this episode and a lot of things we've seen before, but overall it was good fun.

There was also Ray Marioni in a very minor role who may have had a similarly minor role as an Egyptian in The Daleks Masterplan.