Thread: Windows 10

Default Windows 10

I know a few of you tried upgrading to Windows 10 some time ago, with mixed results and sheer frustration for some. But now, several months down the line, what are your thoughts on it now? Is it worth the hassle of upgrading, or better just to wait untill next time a pc/laptop needs replacing? Just wondering while the option of upgrading for free is still available...our two laptops are currently running Windows 8 & 8.1.

If you've got Windows 8, then it's definitely better to upgrade. Windows 7 is probably the best overall. I think 8 has all the disadvantages without being the latest supported platform. I would do it and put up with the irritation.

To be honest Windows 10 has not been such a problem for me. Although the phrase "F*** off Cortana" is never far from my lips.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I'm sticking with 7 for the time being.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

8 is just a bit of a nuisance...it has never grown o us despite slight improvements in 8.1 such as allowing booting to the desktop instead of the tiles.i It's probably the least-liked Windows OS ever in our household, we thought 7 was much better. But because of the problems that some people seemed to have with the upgrade, we've held off so far...

I upgraded to Windows 10 then had to step back to Windows 8.1 as I ended up without Wi-Fi. After rolling backwards, I found out that my laptop model isn't compatible with Windows 10. I still get the pop ups telling me my upgrade is ready and it states that my device has been checked and is fully compatible. However, Toshiba's website state it isn't. I'm sticking with Windows 8.1 as I have no real choice and I don't have any real issues with it anyway.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

I too have a Toshiba Laptop, wondows 7, & do not intend to upgrade either. Thanks for the heads up though. I'm not going to be seduced by that pop up now.

Several of Toshiba's laptops are compatible. Sadly, my one isnt
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?