Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Mackie said her new character "Bill" was "wicked", describing her as "cool, strong, sharp, a little bit vulnerable with a bit of geekiness thrown in".
    What an incredible departure from all other New Series companions !

And first meeting with a Dalek causes her to take the p!## out of it.
    Is it wrong of me to say I hope the scene continued with her being shot by said Dalek ? <#grumbling old man>
    Last edited by Philipnet; 23rd Apr 2016 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Corrected odd "FontSize" in post :)
    Bazinga !

She's definitely down with the kidz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another irritating pain in the arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    What an incredible departure from all other New Series companions !

And first meeting with a Dalek causes her to take the p!## out of it.
    Is it wrong of me to say I hope the scene continued with her being shot by said Dalek ? <#grumbling old man>
    Heh, have to say that was my first reaction too. Let's just hope she grows in to the role as the season goes on.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

"Bill"? Because no woman called Elizabeth, Mary or Jane ever did anything strong!

She seems OK to me! Bit disappointed it wasn't K-9 but I'm probably fairly alone in this.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

You'll be surprised at what some people can do with a sink plunger and an egg whisk, dear... Terry Nation made a fortune with them!

Not impressed. I hope the scene specially shot for the introduction is not actually going to appear anywhere in the series, or be a representation of how Bill will be. You do not make a companion (or any character) 'strong' by making her sarcastic and giggly about Daleks or any other situation that puts them in actual mortal peril. As annoying as Clara was, her confrontation with the half-faced man in Deep Breath was an example of a strong character, standing up to a threat, in genuine danger of being killed, talking to stall him and clearly terrified all at the same time. If being chased down a corridor by Daleks shouting exterminate and firing energy weapons at you causing sparks to fly everywhere is not actually apparently scaring Bill, what the hell would?

And it's not an entirely convincing ad for the Daleks, being sent up like that.

I'm not too worried. This looked like a fun interlude to show that the new companion will have sassy, Buffy style dialogue. More importantly she seems 'Normal', at least to the extent that she's not a wibbly wobbly time anomaly wrapped in an enigma. Could really do with one of those.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I've just got round to watching this, and I wish I hadn't bothered. She seems very annoying, and sadly this clip serves only to put me off watching the next series. The smug cockiness is just such a turn-off, isn't it? Hopefully her character won't be much like this when she actually appears on-screen, or else she runs the risk of easily becoming the worst/most annoying companion since the series returned.

I think I've nailed down why I'm not impressed with this casting/character...Angie Maitland(Eve de Leon Allen) anyone?

Bill just seems to be an older version and just as annoying.

It's hard to say whether I agree with you or not without having to rewatch an episode which wasn't a particular favourite...