Default Peter Capaldi to stay on with Chris Chibnall?

It'd been assumed that new showrunner= new Doctor, but this may not be the case after all...

“I haven’t made my mind up”, says Peter Capaldi, but he has been asked to stay with Doctor Who after Steven Moffat departs…

Here’s an interesting one. While many had thought that showrunner Steven Moffat and incumbent star Peter Capaldi would simultaneously leave Doctor Who after series 10 (similarly to Russell T Davies and David Tennant’s joint departure), it sounds like the BBC may encourage a different approach this time.

“I’ve been asked to stay on, which is lovely -- and I think Chris Chibnall’s fantastic and a wonderful choice”, Capaldi told BBC Radio Scotland while promoting the series 9 DVD release. “I haven’t made my mind up”, he added.

“To be perfectly honest, it’s so far away in the future… you know, Doctor Who is a a very difficult thing to say goodbye to -- and I don’t want to make that decision right now”, he continued. “They’ve asked me to stay on, so when I am forced to make that decision, I will make it.”

Read more: http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-w...#ixzz42KTh9vbN
    Well I'd be delighted if he stayed a bit longer, but what do you think?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

It'd be great - and I don't think he'll need much persuading to do a fourth year.

I'd love to see another couple of Capaldi series. His last series might end up being his best.
    I think he's more excited at the new production staff than people on forums!

I'd like to see Capaldi still with us in 2018. My husband is of a very different opinion.

Richard. It's a husband's job to differ, and yours to correct him. He will of course take the same view, and also bumps on vital bodily parts if they persist past the end of the month. Train him early dear boy!

Always here to help!

It's up to them, but it would be nice to see, if only out of curiosity and a chance to get his eye in, what Chibnall makes of the current Doctor.