Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

think 96 levels is right, some of the levels had multiple exits and if you managed to use all of the exits the color palatte of the game changed...
    That definitely rings a bell...It worries me sometimes how bad my memory is somedays...!
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

What this thread was invented for! So far, we have played:
    Half Life 2
    Quake 3
    Command and Conquer Generals
    Dawn of War - Winter Assault
    F.E.A.R
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I beat 007: Everything or Nothing the night of my last post. Haven't been playing too much lately. Grand Theft Auto III on the PC and Metroid on the NES are what is currently on the plate when I find time to play again. And Mario Kart: Double Dash on the GC every now and then...

I've been playing Icewind Dale for the last two days and am still less than halfway through it. I seem to recall saying this was shorter than Baldur's Gate.

Age of Empires is the game I've been playing in the last few days. I bought it a few years ago for a couple of quid when it was in the sale. I thought I'd try it out and see if I liked it before getting the full price Age of Empires II and III. I played and enjoyed it a lot and for some reason never got the rest of the games.

I've seen the Age of Empires collection going for 99p on ebay, so I might get that.

Anyhoo, I ended up playing till about 4.00am on Christmas Day, not even realising what time it was. Very very addictive when you get into it.

WhiteCrow Guest

Star Trek Encounters

An expensive 30 game, with about a minutes worth of claims of copywright which plays like it belongs on the Amiga, very dissapointing!

We bought the boys a PS2 for Christmas, so at the moment we're playing two player Lego Star Wars 2.

Ben Kenobi's Force moves are sooooo coooooool (but be warned, a light sabre is lethal in the hands of a four year old )

Edited to add: Sad to see how at 38 my reflexes have become shot to pieces. B&*%y platform games.
    Last edited by Jon Masters; 29th Dec 2006 at 3:25 PM. Reason: Coz I'm thick
    Bazinga !

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    We bought the boys a PS2 for Christmas, so at the moment we're playing two player Lego Star Wars 2.
    You just have to get Battlefront 2 if you've got a PS2!

I played Arkanoid on Kieran's gameboy today. It's a really old game from my days as a kid on the arcade machines and so very very addictive.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Clement View Post
    I played Arkanoid on Kieran's gameboy today. It's a really old game from my days as a kid on the arcade machines and so very very addictive.
    a classic!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

WhiteCrow Guest

We've been trying out the SingStar game for the PS2 which I got my partner for Xmas.

Yeah a kareoke game - be afraid!

I be playing Doom3 I be.

I've been playing Morrowind!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Got back into Final Fantasy X-2. Awoken something within me controlling a young woman in black shorts. If only everything in life etc...

I was playing Everyone's A Wally the other day.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories.

I've just saved Phil Collins' life twice, you know
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

Been playing Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy lately. Have had a week break though, being too busy with fantasy baseball. Also in the middle of the second quest of The Legend of Zelda on the NES...

WhiteCrow Guest

Me and my son are playing Warhammer 40,000 Fire Warrior at the moment, him being into all things Warhammer.

Nice bit of naration done by Tom Baker!

I'll be playing Battle for Wesnoth, a cross-platform, free, online multiplayer tactics game. (Tactics means 2D, old skool, yo).

I'm also a tad bit obsessed with SuperTux. It's also cross platform, and it's like Super Mario except with Tux (you know the penguin for linux).

Both games consume my soul. I like itty bitty games that I can put down when I remember that I left my cat in the fridge or something.

For more GNU/Linux or Cross Platform games, see happypenguin.org. Fabulous website and nearly all of the games are free.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    One of my friends plays GTAIII - he spends most of his time in game flying around on the jetpack, wearing a grouch marx moustache and waving an enormous purple 'baton shaped object of pleasure' around. It's OK because its only a computer game. Apparently!
    What's that, up in the sky? It's CAPTAIN DIL... uh oh.

Today, I've been working through a chunk more of F.E.A.R... yesterday, I made a chunk of progress on Bully (or Canis Canim Edit for us poor Brits), and genrally over the last few days I've been completing my first test run for my Jagged Alliance 2 mod before working on the next hefty chunk of modifications.
    We ride tornadoes. We eat tomatoes.

Ratchett And Crank Tools Of Destruction on PS3

Oooooohhh didn't see this thread.

Okay, in the last week I've been playing: Colin McRae DiRT, Mass Effect, The Darkness, Stranglehold, Scene It: Lights Camera Action and Forza Motorsport 2 on the Xbox 360.

Looking forward to GTA IV (which would have been out already if it wasn't for Sony ...) and Bully: Scholarship Edition.
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I think you have it backwards actually. To me there are Computer Video Games and Console Video Games. If you just say Computer Game it implies to me that you mean one exclusively for the PC.
    I think this is an American thing actually, I've never heard anyone over here ever use the term "video game". And yes I realise that post was made over a year ago, but I'm going to say it anyway

I used to use the phrase computer games when talking about games for the Spectrum, C64, Amiga, etc. But since I've joined the console generation and got a PlayStation, then a PS2, Xbox and XBox 360, I've started calling them video games to avoid confusion, but to me they're still computer games too. But I play video games on the PC and in the arcade too (computer games and arcade games maybe?)
    Geoff

They're all computer games to me.