Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I'm currently playing an on-line game called Evony. It truly is a global game.
    I've seen people from Norway, Sweden, Indonesia, Australia, Turkey, U.S.A, New Zealand, Ukraine, Singapore to name a few...mostly kids & teens judging from what they say.

It's free but there are things you can buy to help out, but it costs 30USD minimum. I'd rather start again than spend money on a "free" game.
    Last edited by Dirk Gently; 6th Jun 2009 at 11:57 AM. Reason: speelling

I wet myself after seeing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvmyYvWxkpw

but that's just me.

I WANT IT SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Based on everything I've heard, only 6 months to go

Certainly that's for the NA release date, so presumably Europe won't be much longer - when did Platinum come out over there?
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

It was June 12th - I should know, I got it the day it came out.
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

It's probably coming in June 2010 then - maybe you should look into importing it from the US when it should be coming in March-ish 2010
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

To prepare myself for the new Silent Hill: Shattered Memories game coming out soon I've been speed running through Silent Hill 3. I need to get my copy of Silent Hill 2 back!
    Can I get a Silent Hill thread on this forum seconded?
    There's nothing like it on the planet and it's still the most absorbing, moving and horrific game series I've ever been sucked into.
    Even the film was... watchable.. (although I've now lost all rights to knock odd Dr Who stories by praising that film!)

I've certainly heard of Silent Hill, but I'm more keen on getting Batman - Arkham Asylum. I played the demo and it seems really cool. Even if the gameplay sucks (which it doesn't seem to) the cutscenes with the Joker and all the villains look fabulous!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I liked the original Silent Hill on my PSone. It was a genuinely scary film.
    I've recently been playing quite a few C64 games but spent most time playing a game called Hunters Moon.

At the moment I am playing Lego Batman on the DS and I think that is a brilliant game. Lego Indiana Jones is also a very good game.
    I hope what I just wrote made sense, it did when I was thinking it.

It's great to see those characters lovingly rendered in Lego. I remember Lego Star Wars being outrageously cute!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I've been playing the absolute classic Warhammer 40k Dawn of War - one of the best games on your PC. Better played on LAN.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

The last console game I played was Wipeout Fury on the PS3, with the new added emphasis on blowing up opponents giving it an extra edge.

Since then though, the game I've played the most is 'Flick Sports Fishing' on the iphone, it's so addictive!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I am playing Pokemon Platinum and it is a brilliant game, I would still be playing now if the battery hadn't run out. The last time I played Pokemon was when it was first out on the original Gameboy.
    I hope what I just wrote made sense, it did when I was thinking it.

I read a review for the first Tales of Monkey Island game and then a review for the updated The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition and found myself interested. I had never played the series before.

Since then I've played the Secret of...:Special Edition, Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge, and Escape from Monkey Island (my favorite so far).

I then took a break and have been playing Black Dahlia, but I plan to play The Curse of Monkey Island and the Tales of Monkey Island episodes which are in the middle of their release schedule.

I also played a bit of the Doctor Who game from the 90's and was unfortunately less than impressed. Not eager to play it again.

I have an xbox 360, and the game I play most is original xbox game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. It is one of the most absorbing, intellligent games I've played, with a story far better than the movie prequels.

I also really like Mass Effect made by the same people.

We're getting back into the Warhammer 40k game series, with Soulstorm being a particular favourite.

Also Rome Total War - how old is this game now and yet it never seems to date? Surely a classic. I've played this a few times against my son, and he's never failed to clober me.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

I've just downloaded Tales of Monkey Island and have played a little bit of the first part. Its not bad but I haven't quite got the hang of the controls yet. The voice acting is ok but some of the dialogue sounds a bit muffled too. Although maybe thats my old tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    I've just downloaded Tales of Monkey Island and have played a little bit of the first part. Its not bad but I haven't quite got the hang of the controls yet. The voice acting is ok but some of the dialogue sounds a bit muffled too. Although maybe thats my old tv.
    Weird controls? Are you doing the Wii version then? I'm going to play on PC myself. Chapter 4 is due out on PC on my birthday- the 14th.

"The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood"? Yikes!

Been playing quite a bit of Tiger Woods golf on the iPhone, a steal at only £2.99!!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Weird controls? Are you doing the Wii version then? I'm going to play on PC myself. Chapter 4 is due out on PC on my birthday- the 14th.
    Yes I've got the Wii version. Its actually really horrible. It seems to be just a direct port of the PC version with no real thought given to adapting the controls. As a result the controls really get in the way of the gameplay and completely ruin the flow of the game. The game itself looks excellent but I won't be buying further chapters because the controls make it an unenjoyable experience. Which is a shame.

Halo 2 - my verdict so far is "it's dreadful". This sold Windows Vista? Hmm, makes a kind of sense I suppose.

I played a bit of Star Wars Battlefront 2 at the weekend. But it wrecks my voice cos I have to emulate Darth Sidious/the Emperor.

Damn you Peggle Nights. How can you possibly score 200000 style points on that round? HOW?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Found a PlayStation memory card so used my PS2 for some nostalgia.

The Phantom Menace (it's better than the film!) and the original 2000 Spiderman game.

After developing a hankering for some good old D&D over the weekend, and having picked up some PC games and expansion packs from my dad's at half term, I've just restarted Baldur's Gate on the PC.

Roll for initiative and grab your weapons !!
    Bazinga !