Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I'm working my way through Chris Jericho's "Road to Wrestlemania" storyline in Smackdown vs Raw 2009. I keep finding new buttons on the controller that do exciting things.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

All these wrestling games seem to be mainly about frantic pressing of buttons in order to overpower your oponent, no real logic to the button play!

After your last mention of wrestling on here I looked this up ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shirley_Crabtree

then Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, who is said to have quoted him several times during union negotiations in 1983 regarding the long-term unemployed
    Which is kind of surreal when you think about it. I can't imagine for instance Barrack Obama quoting Hulk Hogan at the heads of international banks when he discusses international lending criteria. Although I'm beginning to think maybe he should. Perhaps the thread of "any rogue banks will have Hulk Hogan and the Rock sent over to sort you out" might solve our problems.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

I find that difficult to credit - all Big Daddy ever said was "Easy... easy..." and that isn't the word that springs to mind during 1980s union negotiations. Unless, I suppose, you're Mrs Thatcher and you aren't listening to anyone else.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

I find it easy to believe ... she probably kind of broke into wrestling analogies, because that's all you people really understand!

Considering the society she shaped, Big Brother would be more likely! It wasn't enough to just obey Maggie Thatcher ... we had to love her too ...
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

The Phantom Menace (it's better than the film!) and the original 2000 Spiderman game.
    I love both those games. The Phantom Menace game is better than the film and actually quiote good fun. The original Activision Spiderman game is really cool. Loads of great action. An easy to use control system and loads of nice little continuity nods as well. I enjoyed playing as Bag Man even if he is rubbish. Spiderman 2 was quite good as well.

Supreme Commander 2 is downloading right now. Giant robots, big explosions, huge fleets of computer controlled aircraft - that's the kind of game I like.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

The countdown is now on for Final Fantasy XIII for PS3. As in, how long before I cave in and buy it, even though being unemployed I know I shouldn't!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    The countdown is now on for Final Fantasy XIII for PS3. As in, how long before I cave in and buy it, even though being unemployed I know I shouldn't!
    Ironically being unemployed money is tight. But if you were employed you'd lack the time to play it. Thats kind of cruel.

Oh yes, I see the irony.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Final Fantasy games are superb, and brilliantly immersive. But they take hours of gameplay.

Definitely. One thing for sure, I've gotten more than my money's worth out of each one I've bought.

There are other cheaper options for a FF fix for me, FFI for iPhone, FFVII & VIII for PS3, but the draw of next-gen graphics is proving too much of a pull for me....

BTW, has anyone ever used Cool Shop to buy games from? They seem to be the cheapest offering for FFXIII at the moment selling at £34.99.

Yeah - compared with some games which my son completes in 2-3 days.

It annoys me though some bits you really need the guide to solve - I remember in FF VII you needed to nudge a piece of armour at a bizarre location to get some Genie who was really important.

Haven't they made another Final Fantasy movie? I liked the first one, but it wasn't really a Final Fantasy movie. Where were the Chocobos?

I have recently got hold of a PS2 and few games. I have really got into playing Batman Begins and Ghostbusters. Batman has got excellent graphics and brilliant gameplay, one of the best bits is where you have to get some villans scared before dropping down and beating them up. Ghostbusters is just fun.
    I hope what I just wrote made sense, it did when I was thinking it.

Grand Theft Auto overdose!
    Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Tales and San Andreas. I didn't even realise Grand Theft Auto III was the mildest of the games!
    Liberty City Tales is all mob based, so it's all respect and suits and gentlemen agreements.
    San Andreas however is all "N*****" this and "Mo*********r" that! And yet it's the best designed of the series as well? Didn't mind my 4 year old nephew playing III as all I had to do was steal a car and he'd drive it into the water. San Andreas however... might have to let him play it with the sound off! (If I even let him know the game exists!)

Finally had the free time to complete GTA: The Lost and the Damned.

Now I've just got to find some more time to start The Ballad of Gay Tony...
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

I had a couple of hours of Fallout 3 last night. I still don't really "get" computer games but it seems to be going quite well so far.

#dammitbrent

I've been playing a lot of Uplink: Elite Hacker of late...

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Does anyone else have 'Steam' on their PC? It's not a game, more of a game server. My game ID on Steam is (surprise!) BobMcCow and if you become my friend, you can see how much Supreme Commander 2 I've been playing lately (too much).
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Been playing Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (new avatar in honor) though I've had a few weeks break now and need to get back on it. Have also played through and finished Super Mario Bros. 3 and Braid in the meantime.

I've been playing Splinter Cell: Conviction on Xbox 360. It's smashing! And something of a relief as lately, I've bought games and really not got into them. I'm waiting with bated breath for Alan Wake- it's only been delayed for three years or so.

I'm vaguely tempted by Splinter Cell, but it's just not sci-fi enough for me!

Did you enjoy Braid, Jeff? And did you collect any of the really-well-hidden stars?

I'm vaguely tempted by Splinter Cell, but it's just not sci-fi enough for me!
    I wouldn't say it's sci fi at all. But it is a bit tactical. If you run out firing you won't last more than a few minutes. It's also quite satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    I'm waiting with bated breath for Alan Wake- it's only been delayed for three years or so.
    Alan Wake is pretty much the only 360 exclusive that I really, REALLY, wish was multi-platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Did you enjoy Braid, Jeff? And did you collect any of the really-well-hidden stars?
    Yeah, it was a fun playthrough. I did look up how to get past a few levels on youtube.. A few of them I had the right idea on and just needed to be a little more patient to get the timing down. I didn't get any of the hidden stars, but I looked up a video that showed how to get them all after I had finished. It looked difficult enough that I didn't feel moved to go through actually getting them. One involved getting up on an extremely slow moving cloud and waiting for hours for it to move across the entire screen.

I had to look up the meaning of the ending too, which I felt they could have made less opaque.

I finished Uncharted: Drake's Fortune last night on regular difficulty and got about 40% on the trophy meter. I collected less than half the treasures, but I'm not that interested with Trophies so that's okay. It was a fun game and I recommend it to anyone with a PS3.

Ready to move on now to the first Assassin's Creed on PC.

Currently, I'm playing an awful lot of Star Trek Online (while I should be doing my dissertation...)

I'm playing as Lieutenant Commander Poza, in charge of the USS Challenger NCC 220987, a Constellation Class ship.

It's rather addictive and fun!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I think some of these massive online player games can be worse than Amy's crack for making people disappear never to be heard again!