Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

I've been watching the kids play Pop Up Pirate, Bomberman and Wario Ware Smooth Moves on the Wii today. Last night it was House of the Dead 2 and 3. Three has by far the worst acting!

I played about a third of Assassin's Creed and probably about a third of Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem while also finishing up Super Mario Galaxy (I had played through as mario but never played through as Luigi, so I did that for 100% completion) then ended up taking a break from games.

Then when I came back I bought and played LostWinds before moving on to The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess which I am currently about half way through. Still need to get back to 'Creed and 'Darkness soon.

I've also been intrigued by the Doctor Who Adventures games, but not enough to try them. I didn't really see any pro reviews for it and a couple user reviews I saw said they were ok for giveaway games. Did anyone play them and what did you think?

Played the Mafia II demo for PS3 earlier this week. I have a bit of mixed reactions on it, as did critics. For one thing, I did't care for the camera which is controlled by the right analogue stick. It was basically set to work the same way as a pc game would with a mouse, but being less responsive than a mouse you end up looking down on the characters head and the ground too much and having to work to get the view you want. Many other games have the same set up, but with Uncharted for instance, controlling my view wasn't even something I noticed.

The other thing was that the controls were... well, lets say you are in a room and there is a door you can open, just to the right of it is a light switch you can turn off, and to the right of that is a sink you can turn on or off. So you turn to the right to flip the lightswitch off, but the character turns too far and you are given the option to turn the sink on. So you barely tap to the left, but again he turns too far and you are back to the door. So you back out and try to get to the light switch at an angle to no avail, and finally you get lucky enough and reach the switch. Frustrating to say the least.

On the other hand it looked like it might have a great story that would be fun to play through, I loved the setting of the 40's and 50's and the film noire feel (although I have to mention that it is obvious to anyone with knowledge of music that the songs on the radios are several years ahead of the setting of the game).

PS3 - God of War (Collection), Little Big Planet

Wii - New Super Mario Bros Wii and Flingsmash (both with the kids)

PC - Half Life (Source) - though I haven't played in a few weeks.

-

For any PS3 owners, assuming the 'Welcome Back' package was the same in Europe and the US, you have until July 3rd to get your free games and activate your free 30 days of Playstation Plus. I got Little Big Planet and Infamous as my free games, but I still need to activate my 30 days.

On DS I am playing Brain Training, More Brain Training, Sonic Colours, Sega All Stars Racing and Bejewelled Twist. On the Wii, I have been joining in with my wife and Daughter playing Just Dance. It's a great way to exercise as some of the dances are very energetic.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

I've become rather hooked on Bookworm which I play on my Nintendo DS Lite, I've been bringing it to work just lately as it's soooo quiet I've a few other games like Prof Layton but Bookworm is my fave game at the mo
    'Steed is one of my most valuable subjects he's too valuable to lose'

Quote Originally Posted by Thasc View Post
    I've become rather hooked on Bookworm which I play on my Nintendo DS Lite, I've been bringing it to work just lately as it's soooo quiet I've a few other games like Prof Layton but Bookworm is my fave game at the mo
    I think I'll swap places with your workplace - I'll send in my CV

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean on the Wii - I've just been fighting an undead monkey !!
    Bazinga !

I think I'm near finishing up the first God of War. I'm also looking forward to the demo for Catherine, which appears to be a unique and interesting game.

Getting back into Silent Hill in preperation for Downpour being released on XBox and PS3 this autumn. Also PS2's Silent Hill 2 and Silent Hill 3 are being given HD revamp for the PS3 in the winter.
    Not to mention Silent Hill Revelation film coming out next year. In fact, has Planet Skaro got a Silent Hill thread?

Anyway, on the PS3 I played Homecoming and had it on easy level. Rushed from the hotel, through the sewers to Dr Finch's house and the Hell Descent level after it. I'm at the save before you fight Scarlet.

Also played three saved games of Silent Hill 2. One saved game was when I was playing it recently on hard and I couldn't get Maria to the elevator in time before she got stabbed to death by Pyramid Head. I even tried shooting Pyramid Head to slow him down. Kept getting killed.
    I also played the save games which were a before and after of the penultimate double Pyramid Head fight with loads of health drinks and one after I'd killed the double Pyramid Heads with no health drinks or first aid kits.
    Got killed on both.

And I finally started a new game of Silent Hill 3. I am 6 minutes 26 seconds in, and I have normal puzzles, so I have to get the key out from under the pallet. I prefer games like this to first person shooters etc, even though there is shooting in this game.

In other Silent Hill news... don't freak out but Silent Hill forums are having very vocal opposition to Downpour having a song that will play on the title screen... by kOrN! (I'm glad it wasn't Limp Bizkit!)
    And the HD release is under fire for Konami re-recording the voice acting and not using Guy Cihi and the original cast.
    Also, the HD games will have trophies and achievements. Some fans (wh were there when Silent Hill was first released in 1999(?)) are complaining this will take away the immersion of the experience.

Playing both of the games I can see how great they'd be with the graphics of the day. So I'm not going to boycott(!) the HD games as I want to play these on my PS3! If you've never played any Silent Hill, this could be your Christmas present!
    Last edited by Dino; 15th Jul 2011 at 5:25 PM.

I only ever played the fist SH for PSX, and saw the first movie as well. The series has a lot of very enthusiastic fans though.

Can't believe how slow this thread is! Is PS the only forum in existence where people don't like gaming as much?
    Anyway, Uncharted 3. I'm really enjoying it. Got it for Christmas, but had to get another copy as it kept breaking on me. Let's hear it for refunds!
    Spend yesterday getting to the place I was before it broke. And have spend this afternoon escaping a sinking ferry.
    Which was nice.

It's been all about Defense Grid on the PC between Christmas and New Year for me. The software server 'Steam' has been having cheap days, so I got that along with my new favourite, Batman: Arkham City for a fairly low price (£30 for both games together, plus all the additional downloadable content).

The plot of Batman: Arkham City is rather complex - Bruce Wayne gets kidnapped and thrown into Arkham City where all the criminals live, he promptly escapes, has his bat-suit delivered, gets poisoned by the Joker who is ill because of Titan, the chemical that Bane has in his blood, has to find Dr Freeze who has the cure but Dr Freeze has been kidnapped by Penguin then Batman has to get the code for Dr Freeze's suit because Penguin is using the freeze gun.... but what it all boils down to is that Batman beats the crap out of around 1,000 people - an entire city of armed criminals and body-builders - in one night. Oh yes, and he's also beaten up a shark.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

but what it all boils down to is that Batman beats the crap out of around 1,000 people - an entire city of armed criminals and body-builders - in one night. Oh yes, and he's also beaten up a shark.
    I remember thinking during Red Dead Redemption... I'm not sure exactly how populated the old west was, but by the end you've killed probably somewhere between 500 and 1000 gang members. Puts Billy the Kid's legendary '21 people by the age of 21' to shame. But it would be a bit boring of a game if it was realistic.

Finally making some good progress on some games... I had my wife pick up Heavy Rain on Black Friday for $15, I think, and played through it over Christmas vacation. It's the sort of game too, that is like a choose your own adventure book with like 13 different endings, so I'm tempted to play it again and make some different choices and see what happens.

On New Years Eve and New Years day I played through the first Portal on PC which I downloaded off steam a few months ago when they were giving it away for free for a couple of days. Great game.

Then this week I played through Enslaved: Odyssey to the West on 360.

I also got Rocksmith back in November and have been 'playing' that regularly since then... I put 'playing' because it is really not much of a game, more like guitar learning software really.

Yay Portal! Did you end up going into the fire, or did you find GladOS?

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Well, I figured the first time going into the fire that I was supposed to escape and that it wouldn't be the end, however, I failed to properly escape and died, but that doesn't give you an alternate ending or anything, it just restarts you at the top of the rail and you try again, so eventually I did get to GLaDOS. I abso-frickin-lutely loved the song at the end of the game too. Thinking about it I have to look it up on youtube and post it now.

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUiwR3Jn8h
    Last edited by Jeff; 6th Jan 2012 at 6:43 PM.

The song is absolutely wonderful. I'ts perfectly placed and an addictive piece of genius.

There are more songs in Portal 2, though the one at the end of the single player game isn't quite as good. The one at the end of the co-op version of the game is magnificent, however.

The whole soundtrack is downloadable from the Portal 2 / Steam website.

I'm going to look into Portal 2 eventually... I just have to get through 6 games I already have and then see if there is anything else I want more (maybe Skyrim or Skyward Sword for example) and how much things cost when I am ready to buy...

I'm feeling pretty please with myself. I'm not that much of a computer techie, but I've managed to replace the Dalek gun sound used in 'Destiny of the Doctors' (the one from 'Genesis of the Daleks) with the one used in 'Ressurection/Revelation of the Daleks'. It's only a small thing but it has made me very happy!!!

I would have used the 'Remebrance' sound effect or even the one from the New Series but I thought they were a bit too long and would become rather distracting when playing the game!

I've managed to replace the Dalek gun sound used in 'Destiny of the Doctors' (the one from 'Genesis of the Daleks) with the one used in 'Ressurection/Revelation of the Daleks'.
    I hope you're going to make that mod available online!

I'm still playing Batman: Arkham Asylum. I've solved 260 out of 400 of the Riddler's puzzles. I really, really, really hope that I get to punch The Riddler at the end of it - surely Batman's most deeply irrtating enemy?

Almost finished with Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. On chapter 22 or 23 now (of 26).

It's all about Defense Grid for me at the moment. Bang, bang, bang.

Bejewelled Twist on DSi
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?